“LOTS of Waiting”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Indian Trail, North Carolina
“LOTS of Waiting”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I arrived at 9:45 on Saturday morning to be told that they had stopped serving breakfast (Their website says they stop at 10:30). We were told this was because there was a 45 minute wait and they would stop serving breakfast before we were seated. Ok, it was the day before Fathers Day, so I understand, and we went somewhere else for breakfast. So, we happened to be going by again on Sunday and decided to stop and get some spring water (Which is awesome by the way) and thought the food smelled really good and there wasnt much of a wait so we decided to go for Lunch. Upon check-in the lady says lunch will be called for shortly and it will be 10 minutes before we are seated. We heard them calling for lunch....reservation after reservation.....and after waiting 25 minutes my dad went to see where we were on the list. We were then told it would be 20 more minutes before we were seated....WHAT?? That is crazy! I go to a restaurant because I am hungry NOW, not that I will be hungry in an hour!! I can't actually comment on the food because I never got any!! I guess you have to make a reservation to get anything to eat...

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank Haley P

Huntersville, North Carolina
“Great as Always”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We take a group of family and friends to Shatley Springs every year and we're never disappointed. The reservations are always on time and the service is friendly. All the food is excellent but my favorite is the fried chicken and homemade biscuits. They will give you boxes to take leftovers home in as well. After lunch the kids enjoy playing around back near the pond while the parents shop. The only downside is the miserable ride home from being stuffed full.

• Visited September 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“We keep coming back”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I love to eat breakfast at Shatley Springs. Sometimes the wait is pretty long but there are shops and usually music outdoors to entertain while you wait. We especially love the country ham and biscuits. We come a few times a year and will keep coming back.

• Visited May 2013
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Great Family-style breakfast!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Tried Shatley Springs on the recommendation of a friend that was familiar with the area & we weren't disappointed! The place is big so we were seated immediately & greeted very shortly after that by a super-friendly server. We chose to do the family style breakfast but you can order off the regular menu if you choose. We received lots of delicious hot food which was refilled quickly whenever we asked. Shatley Springs is very rustic and a bit off the beaten path but it's certainly worth the trip to get there!!

• Visited May 2013
north carolina
“Delapidated”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

People - I'm open minded, but come on. Broken out windows with ragged curtains blowing out through the window frames; Shanty Town. The food at the restaurant was good, not spectacular but worth the end of a destination through winding mountain roads. People continue to collect spring water in gallon jugs which you can purchase there, or bring yourself. Water is free. Supposedly miraculous. I wouldn't recommend this Inn to anyone with discriminating taste; just make a quick stop anyway, eat, drink the water, then move on.

• Visited August 2012