“Rude and sneaky”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Creedmoor
Haslett, Michigan, United States
“Rude and sneaky”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I made a reservation through priceline and called the day before to request 2 queen beds because we had two kids with us, I was told they cannot give the two beds until check in. When we arrived after driving 13 hours we were told that there would be an additional $15 per child charge, thus making the room cost more than it would have by booking without priceline! I said if he had told us that when I called about the two beds we would have reserved an extra room. He also told me that they did not have a room left with two beds, so the 4 of us would have to sleep in a king or pay extra for a roll away bed on top of the extra $15 per child!
Sneaky and he became very rude as we tried to reason with him about the additional charges. We left and stayed at the Inn of creedmore for less money and zero hastle!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Dawn V
EkOamkar, Manager at Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Customer. We apologize for any inconvenience and frustration you may have gone through. We would like to clarify the situation as we feel it is our obligation to our guests. We would like to point out that this reservation was made online through a Third Party agent on December 20th, 2011 for check-in on December 29th at the hotel. It was shown in our system that the reservation was booked through travel agent (TA) as “Single King Non smoking”. Calling the hotel directly to find out the availability for a specific room type you need BEFORE completing the online reservation, helps avoid any hassle or confusion. Also, calling the hotel AFTER your online reservation will confirm that the information relayed is accurate. This will also initiate a relationship with the hotel and will make the check-in smooth and satisfactory. Any changes to the accommodation after completion of online reservation should be taken up with the travel agent you are booking through and they be held responsible for any “D” satisfaction rather than the hotel, since the TA is the initial source for tracking any mistake or changes. We can only read what is keyed in our booking system and reserve rooms accordingly. Upon completion of the reservation, terms are declared by TA under Important Information which reads as such: “All rooms are booked for double occupancy (2 adults) and accommodations for more than two adults are not guaranteed. There may be an additional fee imposed for any extra guest which is up to the hotel’s discretion.” Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and hope you will give a second chance with timely communication.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Owings, Maryland
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stopped overnight at this hotel. The employees were friendly. The hotel and room were clean. The bed was so comfortable. Breakfast is included, however, we did not eat breakfast at the hotel. We would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
East Coast
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Front desk staff could not be more pleasant or accommodating! CLEAN - 100% sanitation rating. Room was smaller than anticipated but comfortable, king bed was fabulous which made for a good nights rest.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I had an orientation at Duke during the week and needed a place to stay at a reasonable distance and cost. I was traveling with my dad, so we'd booked a non-smoking double bed room for the two nights. We called in ahead of time and they aired out the room for us on our request. I didn't expect such cleanliness and decor in a town who's name I was unfamiliar with but it really did surprise me at how clean everything was and how pretty the lobby was. I really liked their costumer service. They have automatic front doors so carrying luggage in was real easy. Check in was smooth and easy with a courteous front desk staff. The floor was quiet although I think there were some other people on it.The next morning the breakfast in the main dining room was excellent with LOTS of space between the tables so you don't feel like you are sitting with strangers. The pool wasn't open yet but it looked amazing cool. The rooms looked as if they had been recently redone because the furniture looked really new and unused. I had a really good nights sleep because everything smelled new. Loved that feeling. They also had a really cute gym which came in handy while I was there.
Overall this hotel was an excellent experience and my dad plans on staying there often when he comes to visit me at the university over the year.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Plant City, Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I have traveled all over the US and staying at this Best Western has given me the warmest welcome I have ever received. Everyone is extremely friendly, kind and helpful. The rooms are exceptionally clean and that means the world to me. I feel very much at home and will return here time and time again. Thank you all for you generosity and kindness. Sincerely, Kristen Wilson-Franco

Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed November 15, 2010

This hotel has become my home away from home when I work in the Raleigh, Durham, NC area. I like the hotel, the rooms are great, the morning breakfast is really good. The owner and staff always makes me feel at home. I stayed there twice last week and traveled out of my way to get there. If you are in the area give this hotel a try.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 31, 2010

My family really enjoyed this hotel. The service was excellent. It looks just like the photos on the Best Western website. It was very clean, easy access to the interstate and the full continental breakfast was satisfying. We had no complaints about this hotel. For a small town, there was nothing lacking at this establishment.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
34167trip, General Manager at Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
We care pleased to here that we were able to accomodate at our Hotel with pleaseure. Please review us to motivate in our goal of Customer Satisfaction......
Thank you again on behalf of our whole Staff who works very hard to make your and others' stay each time.....
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creedmoor
The Inn at Creedmoor
Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Hampton Inn Henderson
Hampton Inn Henderson
#1 of 9 in Henderson

Been to Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn? Share your experiences!