“I'm not sure what other reviewers expect in a hotel!”

The Inn at Creedmoor
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Creedmoor
Reviewed July 18, 2012

But, I expect it to be clean and functional! I would have been better off risking falling asleep at the wheel to make it to the next exit with a hotel.
On 4 July 18, 2012, I stayed at a hotel in Creedmoor, NC, that was labeled with a Comfort Inn sign out front. Inside there was a AAA Rating plaque. It was very late (around 1am) when I checked in. I was given room 229. At first look, in the dim lights and being extremely tired after driving 10 hours, it didn’t look so bad. Upon further inspection, I began noticing things. The hotel was horribly nasty!! I don't even know words to express how bad it was. It was so bad, I took pictures. (My pics aren't great, but, you will get the idea.) I had hauled my bags up to the room, brushed my teeth, and readied myself for bed before I went to the bathroom. It was then that I discovered the toilet did not flush!! I removed the tank cover thinking perhaps the chain on the handle may have come off, but, it had one of those power flush things inside and I could not find where to attach the handle. It was too late and I was tired and already had my PJs on, so I just went to bed...a little creeped out from the filth. There was cola or something sprayed on the walls, mold in the tub, dirt in the corners, and baseboard molding coming off around parts of the room. There was a hair dryer holder, but, no hair dryer. The sheets appeared to be clean, but, were not pressed or stretched tight on the bed.
I noticed that this hotel is no longer listed on the AAA website, nor is it listed as a Comfort Inn. It is now listed as “The Inn at Creedmoor”. On the 4th of July, the Comfort Inn sign was still up and the sign on the interstate exit showed it as Comfort Inn.
I will add that the manager or the gentleman on duty on the morning of the 4th when I checked out was very concerned about the conditions I reported in the room. He apologized and gave me a partial refund. He asked for my list and said that he would attend to it. I have no way of following up on his promise, as I live quite a distance away. As of this writing, I cannot recommend this place!

Room Tip: Ask the desk clerk for a key to inspect the room before commiting to staying. If it has not been cl...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed June 30, 2012

the service was great.. i called ahead and let them know about what time i would be arriving and they went on and turned the air on in the room so it would be cool for me.. never has that been done anywhere else.. definitely going back!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank You for your kind words. We hope that we made you feel like you were part of our family. Thank You for your patronage.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

My husband and I were traveling across country and needed a place to rest for the night. Exhausted after 14 hrs on the road we started searching for hotels on our TripAdvisor App! This hotel popped up and had great reviews so we decided to give it a try. What a pleasant surprise!!!
The minute we entered the lobby the desk clerk greeted us with a smile. She was so sweet and nice, offering us something to drink and made us feel very welcome. She also offered us a discount when we said we found the hotel through TripAdvisor! We asked for a dining recommendation and she not only offered a suggestion but she called the restaurant to make sure they were still open. I just can't say enough about this young lady (I'm sorry I didn't get her name!)
Our room was nice, a little old and worn, but clean and comfortable. The towels were a little sparse but we were only there over night so they were fine.
The next morning when we checked out, the AM desk clerk was equally as nice. He almost would not let us leave until we promised to eat breakfast! As my husband was loading the car, the clerk kept reminding us that breakfast was served! We just grabbed breakfast to go but the set up looked ample. There was fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, eggs....looked nice.
Overall, this was a great stay and I would certainly visit again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I am a program manager for a government contractor, I came to this hotel with 25 employees and everyone checked in quickly and without a problem. The staff goes above and beyond their job to make sure everyone is happy and comfortable. The owner of the hotel was even pouring coffee for my employees, I have NEVER seen customer service like this EVER! I stay in A LOT of hotels and I will always stay here in the future. Don't waste your time with the other hotels in the area, this one is the best, hands down.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My stay was wonderful from the time I entered the door and was greeted by the front desk clerk. They asked me if I wanted any coffee or juice. My room was clean, the pillows and towels were also great. The breakfast room was very clean and well presented. The front desk clerk again came into the breakfast room and made sure everything was up to our satisfaction while I was eating. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Just returned from a stay at this hotel. We were in Creedmoor visiting family. Wasn't sure where to stay but the reviews and price of this hotel made me take a chance and was glad that I did. Couldn't of asked for a better hotel. The room was basic but very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable, even for my husband who has a bad back. Even after 3 people taking a shower, there was still hot warm for mommy. The breakfast had something for everyone even waffles!! The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. Even Roger at 5:00 in the morning when we checked in was very nice, offered to put breakfast out or coffee. We gave the family that we were visting the hotel info as they always have quests. Would definetly stay here again. It is nice to find that one hotel that you can rely on for return visits. They made you feel that you really mattered.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I recently took a trip to Creedmoor NC. Undecided of where I wanted to stay I stopped by the Comfort Inn to price their rooms. Sage (sp), the young lady working the front desk, easily persuaded me with her friendly personality, professionalism and her obvious desire to obtain my business not to look any further. The room was clean, had a large bed with lots of pillows allowing me to rest comfortably after a long drive. I will to return to Creedmoor several times in the near future and without any question the Comfort Inn is my hotel of choice. Thanks to all of the staff that assisted me you helped make my visit more pleasurable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple