“Great, casual dinner”
Review of Fat Crabs Rib Co.

Fat Crabs Rib Co.
Ranked #14 of 86 Restaurants in Corolla
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a great place if you're travelling with a crowd in which some people want seafood and some people do not because this is a BBQ & Seafood place. I had the fish of the day (mahi Mahi) and sweet potato fries (best I've ever had). Our table also ordered the old bay shrimp peelers to split, also very good. The rest of the party ordered off of the BBQ menu- beef brisket, ribs, etc.. The place also has a great local brew Carolina Blue that was great. There are picnic tables outside w/waitress service as well.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stumbled upon Fat Crabs Rib Co. by chance, and we were glad we did. The atmosphere is very laid back, the staff is friendly, and the food is great. The only knock that I can think of is that the food was a bit slow to come out, but it looks like a small kitchen, & the place had just gotten slammed, so we were okay with that.

There were no tables available, so we sat at the bar (with an 8 year old & an 11 year old), but there were no issues with this at all; the staff was so nice & interacted with us. One guy (the owner? - he checked on all of the tables, checking to make sure everything was okay) talked to us a lot and even brought over a bucket of shells & let the kids each pick something.

The food was quite good. The crab chowda (soup) was excellent (I wished I'd gotten the bowl instead of the cup). My favorite thing was the basket of hush-puppies; they were delicious! The pork sandwich was very good (my son devoured a large sandwich, and he typically doesn't finish anything, so I know he liked it). The crabcake sandwich was so tasty! The fried clams were good, too. The food was well worth the wait!

We were very happy that we took a chance on Fat Crabs. If we're in the area, we would definitely go back!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had the crabcakes with hushpuppies and sweet potato fries. My husband tried the pulled pork, my brother the brisket and his friend the pulled chicken. All was great. Only drawback is that they don't have real plates and forks and knives. Seems too casual for such good food. But that's just my opinion

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had great seafood, pulled pork, and service. Good prices, but they kept the AC on too high so bring a sweater and enjoy!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Returned on another area visit. Again a great lunch of local seafood. Once again had "mules delight" which was prepared perfectly. Owner and staff are friendly and go out of there way please.
Will return!!