“Old-fashioned ice cream parlor with candy too!”

Ned's Ice Cream & Convenience
Ranked #9 of 12 Dessert in Corolla
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went here on our last night at the Outer Banks. Nice way to end the dinner and keep the kids happy too. lots of great flavors. The candy treats in the display case looked luscious (caramel turtles!) but I didn't indulge. I was surprised to see candy cigarettes. hadn't seen those since I was a kid!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stopped in for ice cream cones with the family. The people working there were very friendly and the portions were surprisingly very big. When we checked out, I was surprised at how reasonable the bill was. And a good variety of very good ice creams. In all, much better than I would expect to find in a tourist location.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here following dinner at Bambinos. I read the other reviews on Tripadvisor that noted the portions were huge, and they were so right! The kids' size was really big! They also have a ton of flavors! We just got simple cones, but they did have a lot of options for toppings. And they also have homemade candy and confections, including chocolate covered Twinkies!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Been there now two days in a row for ice cream. Everyone enjoyed the flavor variety. Can't beat the serving size. Single scoops are extra large. Probably don't need more than that unless you are skipping dinner:). They also have shakes, toppings, all sorts of candy as well as chocolate treats. We enjoyed looking through the variety while we waited. Outdoor seating and a few spots indoors.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is the only ice cream shop I have seen with so many varieties of Edy's brand. Yes, it's not homemade ice cream, gelato, or frozen yogurt. But since Edy's is mine and my family's favorite brand of ice cream, this shop is a winner, hands down. We tried the strawberry cheesecake with bits of the cake in it, double chocolate brownie, cotton candy, chocolate, birthday cake, chocolate peanut butter cup, chocolate chip cookie dough and Butterfinger. Even the chocolate, the plainest of our selections, was amazing. There is also an extensive selection of candy in the shop, and types that are the hard-to-find old-style candies from my childhood. They also have a display case full of different fudges, which looked delicious. There is a small seating area outside of the shop, which is for anyone eating/shopping in the area, so sometimes no seats/benches are available. The kid's size is more like an small/medium adult size back at home, and the big waffle cone serving could probably feed two people. They have regular sugar/waffle cones like the kind that you can buy in the supermarket, too. The shop is located near Uncle Ikes and Mustang Sally's in the small shopping complex next to the Corolla Light resort. Definitely check it out with your family!