“wonderful food”

Steamers
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Steamers is currently closed for the season but will reopen in December in our new location in Southern Shores Crossing.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were killing time in the shopping mall Timbuck 2 and we came across Steamers. I had heard this place was a great place to eat. And it was!!
My husband and I both chose the Jumbo lump crab cake sandwich for lunch. It came with fries and their cole slaw.

It was very good sandwich! I wanted another one for sure but for $15 it is pricy. The fries were good but the cole slaw was not my kind of thing. But overall great food. We sat outside and great seating.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

A friend and I had a nice seafood lunch and dined outside. Despite the wind, the patio was pretty and the food delicious. I had the steamed shrimp which was had a nice spice kick. The counter staff was helpful in providing assistance with meal choices. Also, the chowder was very good.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our group of six called in orders for seafood to go from Steamers. When we arrived, the friendly woman who checked us out made sure we had the right food and all our sauces. She was funny and very friendly, surely not easy for someone who sees hundreds of visitors like us in a week.

We had a variety of entrees, from large shrimp to crab cakes to fried flounder. We had more than enough food, and it was all prepared well and tasted fresh. The bill was higher than I expected, but then, this is a vacation town. Still, we will make Steamers a regular part of our Corolla experience from now on.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Good Reviews led us to eat here. Only have outside seating or takeaway. Their strong suit is probably take home or Prepared to cook at home meals. Wife and I both had crab legs and they were well prepared but could have ate at several actual sit-down restaurants and received waiter service for less money. Will eat here again if we are in the area and do not want to go out for dinner but do not want to cook either.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Went there for lunch
Had salad and soup. The lobster bisque was good. Kids meals are overpriced for what you get. Husband had fried oyster sandwich which was okay. Their specialty is steamers to go and maybe they should just do that. Would not go back for a sit down meal. Cost was almost 50 for lunch