“Good food, prepared quickly”
Review of Steamers - MOVED

Steamers
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Steamers is currently closed for the season but will reopen in December in our new location in Southern Shores Crossing.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our group of six called in orders for seafood to go from Steamers. When we arrived, the friendly woman who checked us out made sure we had the right food and all our sauces. She was funny and very friendly, surely not easy for someone who sees hundreds of visitors like us in a week.

We had a variety of entrees, from large shrimp to crab cakes to fried flounder. We had more than enough food, and it was all prepared well and tasted fresh. The bill was higher than I expected, but then, this is a vacation town. Still, we will make Steamers a regular part of our Corolla experience from now on.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Good Reviews led us to eat here. Only have outside seating or takeaway. Their strong suit is probably take home or Prepared to cook at home meals. Wife and I both had crab legs and they were well prepared but could have ate at several actual sit-down restaurants and received waiter service for less money. Will eat here again if we are in the area and do not want to go out for dinner but do not want to cook either.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Went there for lunch
Had salad and soup. The lobster bisque was good. Kids meals are overpriced for what you get. Husband had fried oyster sandwich which was okay. Their specialty is steamers to go and maybe they should just do that. Would not go back for a sit down meal. Cost was almost 50 for lunch

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Sorry to complain but the seafood at Steamers was mediocre despite the high ratings! We are not sure how Steamers calls itself “Gourmet” take out with “ultimate no-hassle dining”. The lines were chaotic, the food was cold and chewy, items were forgotten from the order and the wait staff was unfriendly. We are sorry we ventured out to the busy Steamers to only be disappointed.

Linda C, Owner at Steamers, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

So sorry to hear you were disappointed in us. We offer a 100% money back guarantee on everything we serve and make every attempt to treat our customers as family, I can't imagine how we could have dropped the ball on so many fronts but sincerely hope that you will come back an allow us to redeem ourselves.
Kindest Regards,
Linda Coats
Owner

Reviewed September 9, 2013

First off, it's squeaky clean in here. You could do surgery on the floor with no risk of infection. It shows with the 99.5 Health rating, too! Second, I love the huge chalkboards with everything written out. Staff is very helpful and so friendly! They helped us decide on what to get. We ate inside at one of (I think) 2 tables. Plenty of outside seating, too.
Now, on to the best part... the food. SO fresh, so good! We each got something different so we could share.
Crabcakes- Mom got 2 with coleslaw and remoulade sauce. They were fantastic. Huge, chunks of crab meat and very little filler. Seasoned perfectly and fried to perfection! More than enough for one person.
Scallops- Husband got the fried scallops. Probably about 9 or 12. I didn't count! Golden brown, perfectly fried. Sweet and flavorful. Slaw is a vinegar base, no mayo and is absolutely divine. The fries are skin-on and crisp and hot as the surface of the sun. FRESH!!!
Seasoned Steamed Shrimp- I got the half pound and some hush puppies. Shrimp is shell-on and seasoned. I got it all over my fingers and it was worth every minute of clean-up. Firm, succulent and spicy! The cocktail sauce was good, but I would have liked a little more horseradish. That's just me, though. I like it hot! The hush puppies were small but plentiful and perfectly brown! Yum, yum, yum!
Key Lime Pie-Oh, save room. It is so, completely worth it. It's a custard-type filling and you can tell it actually uses KEY LIMES, not regular ol' limes. The meringue on top is light, fluffy, sweet and just perfect.
$88 for the 3 of us got us more food than we should ever have eaten and a couple of beers and drinks. We left miserably full and so very happy!