“One of the best cheesesteaks I've ever had”
Review of Philly Steak Subs

Philly Steak Subs
Ranked #13 of 86 Restaurants in Corolla
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Best cheesesteak on the beach! Family owned, family run business with a family-friendly environment! We have something for the entire group- cheesesteaks AND CHICKEN CHEESESTEAKS!, subs, burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, and more. Don't forget to try a drink from the bar, or one (or two or three...) of the thirteen craft beers on tap! Here's to another great season!
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our first night tradition upon arriving at the beach was to order pizza. But none of the pizza places in Corolla are rated very highly by this community, and Philly Steak Subs is not only a favorite, but located near the Food Lion which was our next stop. This was an inspired choice.

Our group of six got a variety of sandwiches, but all agreed the food was excellent. My basic cheesesteak with onions was outstanding. In fact, I went back later in the week and got another one for lunch. The fries and onion rings were also delicious, particularly the fries. And a "small" is big enough for two people. Our only quibble is that even if you're dining in, your food is given to you in a bag, so you have to spread it out on paper. Even a paper plate would have been nice, and satisfactory. Still, a delicious meal and a good value among the more pricey eateries of Corolla.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We needed a quick bite to eat on our drive through Corolla and based on other reviewers stopped here for a cheesesteak. Now, I'm not from Philly but my Dad grew up there and I go there every year. I grew up eating Philly Cheesesteaks from Philly, only. And this is pretty dang close to what you can get in Philly. By far, the best cheesesteak I've had outside of Philly. A good amount of food for the price you pay and quick service.

I gave this place only 4 stars because it was very dark and gloomy inside. The walls are covered with Philly sports paraphernalia and ultimately it feels more like a sports bar. They also don't serve any tap water - but was told that's because it's no good. I question if they just try to get you to buy a drink, though.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We ate here as a group of three couples the first night of our stay inCorolla. We had the #6 mushroom cheesesteak sub and onion rings. The sandwich and onion rings were delicious and we sampled the French fries of one of the other couples in our group....they were great. The sub was a very good value.....chock full of meat and all the trimmings and piping hot....the onion rings and fries were fresh and hot too. The only drawback was that the subs are so messy, you need a plate to eat them. Paper plates would be a nice option for dining in. Also, only ketchup packets were available, and there was only one bottle of hot sauce and one bottle of seasoning salt at the condiment stand. Suggest napkin holders and bottles of condiments on each table. You were asked when you ordered whether or not it was dine on or take out....but the presentation method was the same. You were brought your food in bags. A tray and plates for dine in guests is a much needed extra. Again, the food was great, but more suited for take out than dining in. Service with a smile would be nice too.....

1  Thank Teresa S
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Being from Central Jersey, I was skeptical that they could make a decent cheese steak. The problem with most places around the country is the roll. Anybody can fry up some steak and toss on some cheese and onions, but if the roll isn't top notch, the sandwich is just okay. Well, Phily Steak Subs gets it right. The rolls were excellent, making the steak sandwich very good. I like the fact that you have to request that onions be omitted from your sandwich :-). In my opinion, a sandwich can't be good without onions.

We all enjoyed our steak sandwiches and would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was the first place we stopped before going to our rental house in Corolla. The staff was quick and attentive and they have beer and bar.

I got the BLT Philly Cheesesteak and it was everything I expected and more. The food was piping hot and delicious.