“Worth it”

Ranked #11 of 86 Restaurants in Corolla
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Best cheesesteak on the beach! Family owned, family run business with a family-friendly environment! We have something for the entire group- cheesesteaks AND CHICKEN CHEESESTEAKS!, subs, burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, and more. Don't forget to try a drink from the bar, or one (or two or three...) of the thirteen craft beers on tap! Here's to another great season!
Hanover, Maryland
“Worth it”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband used to live in Philly and he says these cheesesteaks are spot on! He gets his pretty standard and I get mushrooms and they have always been consistently good. They also carry Boyle's brand soda in glass bottles!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“This place is amazing!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have been coming to obx for 17 years and just discovered this terrific place abut 5 years ago. We were there so much this past summer that the woman working there asked me if I lived in corolla! We are from south jersey and moved to Virginia and since then have not been able to find a place that has good Italian subs or Philly cheesesteaks. I am a huge fan of their toasted Italian sub (add hot peppers)! My husband loves their cheesesteaks. We get takeout there a lot when we visit, but have also eaten in the restaurant and the atmosphere is definitely fun. The staff is super friendly and even if the line is out the door I will wait because the line goes fast and is definitely worth any type of wait. We also love the fries. Obviously I can't say enoughg about this place and no, I am not getting paid by them to write this review!

Mobile, Alabama
“Wow - big tasty sammie! Great for carryout option for a quick meal”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

we ordered 4 subs and a childs meal for carryout one evening and we all enjoyed our meals.
Great selection too!

Visited August 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“BEST CHEESESTEAK!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Don't let the outside of this place mislead you. It looks like a typical strip mall sub shop. It is so much more! I LOVE cheese steaks and am constantly on a quest for a good one. This one is the best one I have had in a LONG time! Delicious! Other people in my party had other sandwiches and they like theirs too. We were a party of four adults and we ordered one order of fries and it was enough for us!

Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“A taste of Philly in the OBX...”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

When my wife turned to me and said this was the best cheesesteak she's ever had, I thought this may be the end of the relationship. I mean, seriously, honey! We grew up in Philly (still live nearby) and eat cheesesteaks more than once a month (but still maintain my girlish figure). How could this possibly be better than the Philly greats? Well, I don't want to get thrown out of my favorite hometown places, but this was pretty great!

It's the Amoroso rolls that make a great start, but the meat, sauce and cheese made this one of the best cheesesteaks I've had too. They use the same steak-meat that is so popular in Philly but often missing in many "Philly subs" places.

If this place were down the street from my home, it would be my goto place for cheesesteaks. Sorry Rays, Pudges, Brothers, and Pizza Pub. This steak was better. Now, better than the best of Philly (Pat's, Gino's and, my personal favorite, Jim's on South Street)? Maybe not. But it's darn close. If you're in the area and want to know what a real Philly Cheesesteak is like, stop by Corolla and Philly Steak Subs. It's great.

• Visited August 2013