“Delicious food, but a little chintzy on the wine!”

Metropolis Martini & Tapas Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Metropolis Martini & Tapas Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 86 Restaurants in Corolla
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here. Tapas were yummy and the staff very friendly. However, the wine pours were chintzy. For $8 or $9 glasses of nice but fairly pedestrian wine, they should have poured a little more. I don't think our glasses were even a third full. The decor was pleasant and somewhat sophisticated, except for large "First Aid" signs on the glass doors of the fridges at the bar where the vodka was kept. A bit crass, we thought. I rated this restaurant "average" but I wish there were a category between "average and very good."

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at Metropolis a couple of weeks ago. We ordered toasted ciabatta with honey truffle butter, potstickers, spinach salad, mushroom soup and the veal. I don't like mushrooms but I tried my husbands soup and it was to die for. My husband doesn't usually eat salad but he tried my spinach salad with goat cheese and loved it. The potstickers were good but could have used more filling. The sauce that came with was really good though. My husband loved his veal too. The server was extremely passionate about the food. He was a little slow with drinks but other than that it was excellent. We will definately be back.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having dinner at Metropolis is ALWAYS a fabulous experience! We went for my birthday two weeks ago, and, as usual, ordered almost everything off the "specials" board! Mark is a genius -- he manages to put together tastes, textures, and combinations of flavors that are unequalled in this area! If this were a big-city restaurant it would definitely be a premier attraction. Thank you again -- we'll be back SOON!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I cannot believe that on all of my trips to the Northern OBX that this is the first time I have been here. It definitely will not be the last. The food is wonderful and imaginative. The small portions allow you to try more than one thing and the service is very attentive. I loved this place and I will definitely be back!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The drinks were amazing, the menu and specials were exceptionally crafted, we'll definitely be back! We decided to have a girls martini night on our week long beach vacation and this was definitely a highlight of our trip! The food was delicious, and the chef (owner maybe?) visited every table to explain the menu and describe the flavor. It was a very personal touch to this little gem of restaurant. We had the tuna tartar, lobster poutine, calamari, and a crab pasta. All were prepared very nicely and tasted even better than were presented. Can't wait to go back!!