“Wonderful Stay. Love it!!!”

Inn at Corolla Light
Ranked #1 of 2 Corolla B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I were impressed from the moment we checked in. The lobby has the feel of a bed and breakfast with a sitting room, a dining room, a small office and a deck with seating outside. All the staff are very friendly and accommodating to anything you need.
Our room was a King with a kitchenette. The room itself was much more spacious than a typical hotel room. Although the room seemed to have been recently renovated, it also had the feel that you were in a southern bed and breakfast (very charming). The bathroom was very nice with plenty of places to place/hang your things. Great water pressure in the shower, which is something I love. The kitchenette has a small refrigerator, cooktop stove, sink, microwave, toaster, pots, pans plates, silverware, wine opener and more. There is also a small dining table for 2. Couldn't ask for anything more than this room offered.
Outside you will find a nice pool and hot tub that is right on the sound water. This is very relaxing. There is also a pier with a gazebo that has lots of seating if you want to relax on the sound or watch the sunset. This pier is also used for onsite rentals of jet skis and parasailing. The hotel has plenty of beach bikes that you can use for free.
The breakfast is free and good with coffee, tea, pastries, sausage, cereals, breads and more.
The Inn is part of the Corolla Light resort community, which gives you free access to all their amenities. Bob's Wild Horse Tours is also on site.

Room Tip: Ask for a Sound front room if you would like a nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Harmony_Management, General Manager at Inn at Corolla Light, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review! We were so happy to note that you noticed our recent renovations -- new mattresses, new bulkhead, new flat screen TV's, new paint, etc. We were also glad to note that you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities. We loved having you stay with us and we hope you will be back again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I and another couple were in town for a wedding in Corolla and were not able to take the whole week off, rent a house, and make a vacation out of it. Most of the other hotels in the area had 2 night minimums so we opted for the Inn at Corolla Light. It ended up being the perfect spot for us. The rooms are very spacious with good accomodations (mini-stove, refrigerator, etc.). We were able to sit out by the pool for a while which backs up to the sound and has great views of the water. We were not able to take advantage of the free bikes made available, but plan to do so next time we go back down. The free continental breakfast in the morning was very good and the service was outstanding. To top it off, we were having trouble getting a cab to the wedding venue which was several miles away. Denise, one of the caretakers, not only recommended that we not cab it because it would end up costing $60 each way, but she also let us pile into her personal car and drove us to the wedding (she wouldn't even accept a tip!).

We are definitely going to go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words about Denise. I have taken the liberty of sharing them with her and the rest of the team. Your review just reinforces our customer service efforts. Sorry you were not able to use the bikes but glad to hear that you will be back so you can have another chance. Again, thank you for staying with us and you are welcome back anytime!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at the Inn! The service was spectacular, and the management really cared about their guests. The continental breakfast was better than any continental breakfast at any other hotel, and it was an all in all great place to stay. We will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank swheeler21

We were very pleased to note that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Inn at Corolla Light! Thank you for your kind comments about the staff -- we work very hard to make our guests feel at home. We love to hear that our efforts are paying off! Thanks again and please come back to visit soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a very nice Inn, with a accommodating staff. Surrounded by the Sound & a long
pier to walk down so you can view the area. The Breakfast was complimentary, with no
hot eggs, that was my only complaint. The Bathroom in our room did not have a table or
vanity to set make up or toothbrushes. Most of the rooms have a porch accessible with
chairs, which is good for relaxing.

Room Tip: If you get a room accessible to the porch, people walking by can't see into your room, the wind...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit. We were glad to note that you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Second Stay was good over all. Disappointed when asked Susan the Inn Keeper for a Larger room on the sound front and which I offered to pay for was not granted! This was our second stay and i thought we would be taken care of! When I asked , the Inn keeper she stated that a room would be vacated on tuesday as we arrived on Sunday. She stated that she would work on it. I asked twice more and she said she was still working on it. When the time came nothing happened and no one got back to us with a yes or a no, even though the sound front rooms were empty and even the guy next door to me recieved a larger room for an extra stay night. Other than that my room 27 was too small for us and our dog Baxter. The sound front was wonderful to see! The gentleman I call chief always gave us a wonderful Hello and did a great breakfast every morning! The beds are new and very comfortable! The television is new with great picture.They fixed the roof on the gazebo since last visit 2012 sept. The Inn does need more repairs and a face lift which they seem to be working on. The outside decks should be cleaned every day and chaies should be wiped down which they were not. The deck and chairs were better last year.My room 25, had a crack in the floor when you walked in, and the tub spout would flop up and down with the tile, I never complined about those things because i surely thought Susan was getting us a larger room! It was reaaly tight in that room with the dog! Last year we had room 25 which was outstanding !!!! To be fair to Susan, she did accomendate us the numerous times we had to reschedule our stay due to a very sick dog our baxter. I would recommend rooms 25,26 if you stay. I would hope that next time when said they are working on something that they at least get back to you with an answer.! With all said I would say to stay at the Inn , expierence it yourself as the location is the best on the Sound side! I will give it another chance in sept with baxter and hope that i can book a larger room or i will not stay! If you do not have a dog , and you want ocean side I would reccomend the Sanderlings. My wifw and I will stay there when Baxter who is on his last legs is not with us anymore. The Sanderlings which we visited is 5 star and outstanding and every thing is top notch including the repect you get when you walk through the front dooe! It reminds me somewhat of our stay at Thw Breakers in West Palm Beach FL. Joe L New Jersey

Room Tip: Rooms on the sound fron 25 , 26
1  Thank seabeejoey
Harmony_Management, General Manager at Inn at Corolla Light, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you for your most recent visit. On behalf of the entire team, please let me emphasize that all of our guests (return or brand new) are very important to us. That is why we were so pleased that we were able to assist you with all of your changes due to your sick pet including rescheduling your cancelled vacation at the last minute.

As you are aware, no all of our rooms are "pet" friendly. In fact, we only have one Sound Front Deluxe Suite that is available for "pets". When your requested to be moved to a suite, your choice was limited and we had to wait for the in-house guest to depart. Arrangements were made for housekeeping to clean the room as soon as it became available on Tuesday. If I failed to confirm that the only detail I was not sure of was exactly what time your new room would be available, I sincerely apologize. The staff was aware of your room move and they were happy to assist you. When I returned to the office and checked on your status, I was informed that due to your have "unpacked", you had decided not to change rooms. Again, if I failed to explain the process completely, please accept my apologies.

Room note: Room 25 is not a Sound Front Deluxe Suite and unfortunately is not a designated "pet" room either.

We were happy that you noticed the improvements that we have been working on, such as our new mattresses, improved Gazebo and new flat screen TV's. We plan to continue to update and improve thanks to recommendations and comments from our guests.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your visit further or finalize your plans for September. Please be assured that the team at the Inn is looking forward to your return visit and will do all in our power to accommodate all of your needs -- and Baxter's too. Warm regards, Susan (Innkeeper)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

It felt like staying at a friend's house. The whole place was very inviting and we felt very comfortable. I really enjoyed the breakfast and thought it was a nice change from the usual. The location was great and we really enjoyed the short scenic walk to the lighthouse.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Harmony_Management, General Manager at Inn at Corolla Light, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We were happy to note that you enjoyed your visit and we hope you will be able to visit us again soon! Your kind comments have been shared with the staff as they work hard to make every guest feel comfortable and welcomed. Thanks again.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

It was our first visit to the Outer Banks and had no expectation of what this hotel would be like. It was over the top!!! Amazing view out of our room. The people were helpful and nice. We found ourselves relaxing right away. AND it is close to everything!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sound
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Harmony_Management, General Manager at Inn at Corolla Light, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We were delighted you enjoyed your first visit to the Outer Banks. Now that you have experienced the OBX, we hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corolla
Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks / Corolla
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Baymont Inn & Suites Kitty Hawk Outer Banks
Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner
Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hil...
#8 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Sanderling Resort

Been to Inn at Corolla Light? Share your experiences!