“Excellent food”

Ranked #41 of 87 Restaurants in Corolla
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The fun in the sun never ends at Sundogs!! We got something for everyone!! Great food, live music, karaoke, DJs, and a phenomenal staff to assist you!!We are conveniently located in the Food Lion Plaza directly beside Dairy Queen! We will see y'all soon!
Reviewed July 12, 2017

Stopped for lunch while on vacation. The Chesapeake burger was amazing, it had some delicious crab dip on it. The fries were excellent also. Great service.

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

It's hard to believe some of the previous reviews I read on here. We walked in the door on Friday around 6pm and we were told it would be at least 45 minutes. They took our phone number. I could see we were 12 on the list. We went to some of the shops in the same shopping center and returned. So to those that states there are empty tables and no one waiting, they might have gone to the surf shop and come back like we did.

When we returned, we sat in the waiting area on the stage. Having worked in restaurants for 20 years, I was extremely impressed with the hustle of the hostess. She was taking names, helping clear tables, calling guests when their tables were ready, and seating them. I hope she is getting tipped out.

Our server was friendly and knowledgable of the menu. My sister has to eat gluten free. He double checked menu items to ensure her safety. He made recommendations for favorites.

Another gentleman ran the food and refilled our drinks as our server had been seated a large party. It has been a long time since I have seen a restaurant that used this kind of teamwork. For those with industry experience, it flowed like a front of house that pools their tips and relies on great teamwork rather than having self centered servers.

I had the duck sandwich with mac N' cheese. Very delicious (more onions than I prefer). If I returned I would probably try the crab cakes. I was eying those at the table next to us.

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Ate dinner here tonight. Had many appetizers, a couple of meals and 3 of us split the chef steamer sampler. It was $52.00 and included 1 pound of each- steamed shrimp, mussels, clams and crab legs. Well worth the price if you added it up separately. Only 4 out of 5 due to waiter having no personality what so ever. Not sure if name, but older guy w/long pony tail. Total with a few drinks and beers was $142 for party of 6.

Reviewed June 29, 2017

Stopped for dinner while on vacation. Place is little casual restaurant bar. Menu is not big but everything we had was pretty good. Service was friendly and took good care of us. On thing their adult drinks are not the cheapest.in the world, but everything considered not to bad.

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

Although we only had appetizers our service was prompt and courteous. Crab dip is a must have ! Nachos are also great ! It's a great place to hang out while your rental is getting ready for you.