“Best Food in Corolla!”

Tomato Patch Pizzeria
Ranked #24 of 86 Restaurants in Corolla
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family owned restaurant serving Corolla for 25 years. Casual Italian style with lots of menu choices. Great bar with lots of TV's serving great drink specials, craft beer and wine! Kids and large parties welcome. Pizza, pasta, subs, burgers, wraps and delicious salads. Also, serving local shrimp over pasta or a salad or try them lightly battered and fried. Don't forget to try the gyro, only place in Corolla to get one and try a gyro pizza, it's wonderful or a Greek salad.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The six of us have been struggling to find a restaurant where each of us enjoyed our meal. Both the food and the service at Tomato Patch were great for my family.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The last three times I have taken my family there it was just blah. Service was bad... understaffed every time... and that includes 2 times in the past 5 years during a moderately busy time and one off season visit just yesterday. Lousy service with an almost empty restaurant. then the check comes and it has "suggested tips" figured out for you on the receipt... 18%, 20% and 25%???? are you kidding me? it should be realistic... 10, 15 and maybe 18%... I should have left nothing. but I wont be returning to give them any more $.
Doors to go in not well marked... the Bar and Caryout door is the main door so when you walk to the front entrance, you are told to use the other entrance. Come on! Lets all "grab a knee" and work together on this team. Communicate. Geez, you have a potential gold mine here in the OBX and a PRIME location. how about MANAGING your place that would make you double or more if you just ran it right.
And Dr.Unks bar? Drunks? really?? One guy thought that was an awesome name for a bar. Hey guys lets go to Drunks bar... I'm sure the cops wont hang out there. Dumb and dumber.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Now some of you gourmands and connoisseurs will revile me for rating this little inauspicious pizzeria as my favorite, but deal with it. We have been going there for decades and it is the high point of eating out when we visit OBX (we've been going at least once a year for forty years ). The tomato patch is comfortable, convenient if you are staying north of Pine Island and the pizza is my favorite of anywhere, the beer is fresh and cold and the Eastern European kids who work there are the best wait staff imaginable.

1  Thank LtRogerWilco
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Killed time here many of times when we were waiting to check in to our rental. Great Pizza, Great Atomospehere. Great way to start off teh vacation week.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pizza was very good and not much crowds for lunchtime, so fast service. Liked the pizza so much, we went back again during our week visit and even got take-out one night.