“One of our Favorite Restaurants on the Entire Outer Banks.”

North Banks Restaurant & Raw Bar
Ranked #11 of 87 Restaurants in Corolla
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We have been a local's favorite seafood establishment for over 20 years. Daily Lunch and Dinner Specials feature fresh local fish and creative sauces. Our Raw Bar features Steamed Shrimp, Maine Lobster, Littleneck Clams, Seaside and Select Oysters and Snow Crablegs. Sit at our Full Service bar, hang with the locals, enjoy your favorite libation and watch Major League Baseball, NFL Footbal and NHL Hockey.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a long time property owner in the area, North Banks is one of our favorite restaurants on the entire Outer Banks. Enter through the front door and see a very long bar with several televisions, along with traditional tables.

The vibe is beachy with caught fish mounted on the old wood panel walls. The food is surprisingly good for a casual place of this nature. Fresh oysters on the half shell. Fresh fish, or my personal favorite, lunch salad with eggless Caesar dressing with fresh crab cakes on top.
The menu is surprisingly varied and creative - very tasty.

The wait staff is friendly and the service is good. I prefer to sit at the bar, where there is always a lively conversation and the chance to meet new people.

I seek out North Banks every time I am in OBX, even if it means driving up from Duck.

Reviewed November 12, 2018

I was expecting the typical beach restaurant in a tourist town. It is off season and they are obviously taking care of the locals all year around. The food was great, the service was great and I was pleasantly surprised. No matter what time of year, put this one on your list.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

Had lump crab grenades for appetizer and tuna bites both very good. Salmon for entree and it was delicious. My husband had the mixed grill he liked it but thought the tuna steak could have been seasoned better. We enjoyed this place and would recommend it.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 22, 2018

We ate lunch here with my wife, cousin and sister. The restaurant is tucked away in a small shopping center and it’s a little hard to find. I ordered the Fish and Chips and it was excellent. The service was good. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

This was a lunch visit. I ordered the scallop & Bacon skewer with their seafood chowder from the appetizer menu and hubby had Baked Oysters with firecracker crab on top. We were both pleased with the food and the service though it was a bit pricey for what we had.

That said, we’d go back again.