“Only wish it was closer to home!”
Review of Agave Roja

Agave Roja
Ranked #10 of 85 Restaurants in Corolla
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We visited the last week of June, 2012 and they told us they had only been open 10 days. They handled a party of 15 as if they were doing if for years. The salsa was unbelievable! The food was light fresh and delicious!!
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

What a great place. Seriously tasty food. Great warm chips. The shrimp tacos were spicy and flavorful and wonderful. My husband liked his chili rellenos a lot. The margaritas were delicious. Even the sides were great. Wish I had a place like this in the Raleigh area. I would live to go back on a warmer day to enjoy some of their amazing sounding cocktails :)

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Full and fair disclosure--I've only had the margaritas, guac, and chips here. But those alone bring me back every time I'm in OBX. This place is fantastic. Great bar staff (samples abound and you can take everything home with you!), huge portions, and killer margaritas. Make this a stop on your OBX vacation and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My favorite restaurant in Corolla, and one of my favorite in the Outer Banks. Fresh, upscale Mexican. Wish we had something like this in Richmond! Try the fish tacos and the sangria. They were out of red sangria, but the white was delish!!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I happen to dislike 'Tex Mex' food with a passion, and was not over enthusiastic about trying this restaurant when it opened less than two years ago. My husband and I go to this restaurant almost every time we are in Corolla and have taken many friends there and never had a dud meal! Mussels, quesadillas, pork shanks, Rock Fish ( to name a few!), are all a fine and wonderful balance of favors, with no single spice or herb over riding the rest, each flavor stands alone, yet complements the rest. Eating here is an experience no one should miss if visiting the area! Needless to say, there is also an excellent selection of Margaritas and Mojitos, the service is excellent and families with children are always welcome!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Agave Roja is not the Tex-Mex type of restaurant. Agave Roja has lots of variety, from meat to seafood. One of the best restaurant meals I've had.