“Great customer service and clean environment”

Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks / Corolla
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Corolla
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Great customer service and clean environment”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I always love staying at Hampton Inn in Corolla, NC. The staff are very friendly, there is excellent customer service, the rooms are always very clean and the environment is so pleasant. The visitors also always seem to be friendly. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Greenland, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My husband and I were impressed from the moment we pulled into the property. This Hampton Inn was exactly what we were looking for and more. The proximity to the beach couldn't have been better...it was just a dream to be able to go downstairs, have our daily waffle (great breakfast choices and well stocked) and be out to the beach for a nice walk. The pools were a nice option for swimming since the red flags were out due to hurricane aftermath waves for the first couple of days of our 5 night stay. Our room was large with a little sitting area and king size bed. We had a gorgeous view of the ocean from our balcony porch where we could sit and relax. And we were able to sleep with the slider open (screened of course) and hear the sound of the water to lull us to sleep at night. The service was excellent and friendly. Pat at the front desk was especially helpful...she pointed us in the direction of a great restaurant where we ate our last meal of vacation. The hotel amenities were great. There was a little gym and an indoor pool and hot tub which we enjoyed at the end of the day at the beach. And the beach was nice and private and quiet. We are not partiers and were looking for a nice romantic quiet vacation and that is what we got. Duck or Corolla are about 10 minutes in each direction for restaurants and shops etc so there are a lot of choices there. The best part of our stay was the closeness to the beach and the views!! Outstanding. If I were to say one negative thing my least favorite part was that there was grapefruit in the morning fruit bowl and it tainted all the fruit since it is such a strong flavor. I'm not kidding....I'm really stretching it to say that is the worst part!! We Loved It and will be back for sure!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PaintingEllieB
Columbus, OH
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Everything was easy and relaxing during our stay at the Hampton Inn. Check in was quick. Our room was definitely a little bit larger than your average hotel room, with a king bed, sofa, wet bar area, and a balcony that overlooks the pool and ocean. Even though it was already dark, we wanted to walk on the beach, and the front desk loaned us flashlights for safety! Such thoughtful customer service, along with free hearty breakfasts every morning in the big dining room, meant we didn't have to worry about anything. The free wifi is easy to access on my phone so that I could stay in touch with my petsitter back home. The beach --just a few steps outside the door-- is beautiful and clean, so I enjoyed walking barefoot in the sand. The hotel is also convenient to everything on the island, from the wild horses in Corolla to the restaurants, shopping, and museums in Duck and Kitty Hawk. On the last day, I realized that I'd accidentally left my hat in the room after checking out, and luckily the front desk made sure that I didn't leave town without my hat!

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We just stayed for a couple of nights. The motel was so clean, rooms were so spacious and full of amenities that my son (who was a little sick) was able to stay inside the room without missing a lot of action. Especially since we had a pool and ocean view. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and really proud of their area too!! And I can see why the Outer Banks is probably the most economical vacations and friendly, clean, etc. This motel is the best!!

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Were scheduled for a Saturday - Saturday beach house rental in Kill Devil area and decided to leave a day early from DC area and use a free certificate we had from Hilton Honors program. Called the Hilton desk and got a 2-queen ocean view room.

Arrived around 5 PM and check in was a breeze. Staff was outstanding! Got to our room and found it had a balcony overlooking the pools. Kids got excited when they saw the lazy river. Now as far as the pools go, I must point out that the lazy river barely moves, so be prepared to be on your feet to keep your tube moving.

Beach access is directly behind the pool areas. The hotel is in an area all to itself between Duck and Corolla, so the beach is uncrowded and the views are great.

We grabbed a bite to eat at the Diner next door, and the food was adequate. Get there early as the place is small and the lines form around dinner time.

Breakfast was adequate, but I don't think any Hampton Inn will ever win any award from breakfast quality.

Overall an outstanding property with enough to entertain kids and adults alike, and by all means one of the best locations of any Hampton Inn in the USA.

1 Thank Ravenboy
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 17, 2010

My wife and I both run are own business, and we wanted to get a way for a week
we have been to alot of beaches over the years and never obx
we took are 9 year old son with us and I can tell you one bad thing about my experience
The three pools were never crowded the beach was very peacefull and quit (unlike south obx) and the staff was great, I asked if they had any fresh grapefruit for my wife the lady told me that the had them for breakfest, and while I was talking to someone else about checking they cut me a fresh grapefruit (who does that)!
food was fantastic north did not find one bad reasteruat we eat at a couple places in tenbuc two
I will be going back agian for sure
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR NOISE STRESS THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU

Pasadena, California
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We stayed here for a night at the end of the week renting a house in Southern Shores. We wanted to experience the Corolla area and give the kids a good night's sleep before a long days travel back to Los Angeles. The beach access from the hotel and the beach itself were stunning. We took an early morning walk on the beach and saw some incredible wildlife including terns, laughing gulls, pelicans, crabs and sea lions. The room was very clean and large and the bed extremely comfortable. The breakfast was a bit pedestrian but fine. The only complaints were: 1) The lazy river pool is just a big circle. It has no current which makes it no fun. 2) There was a short thunder storm in the area which took the electricity at the hotel out for about 3 hours. These storms are common in the Outer Banks, yet the hotel was not equipped with any complimentary kits to help folks out in this situation. I expect a hotel charging this much per night to drop a little bag with say a flashlight, snacks and perhaps a deck of cards outside my hotel room door when no lights, air conditioning or amenities are available. 3.) They really need an on-site restaurant of some kind, although the diner right next door is good for lunch.

1 Thank DogGirl12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corolla
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
Best Western Ocean Reef Suites
#3 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks / Corolla? Share your experiences!