This is the best beach hotel we know. It's clean, comfortable, and has great pools in addition to the loveliest, least crowded beaches on the Atlantic. We were in a non-ocean view room to save money. (The rooms are pricey in season!) Fortunately, though, our terrace allowed us to walk right out to the pools, and past them, it was a few short steps to the dunes. Our beds were comfortable, housekeeping visited frequently, and plenty of fresh towels were available. The printer on the free access computer in the lobby was broken while we were there, which made it hard to get directions to attractions and back home, but I'm sure it's fixed by now!
The staff was fabulous and friendly. One gentleman at the desk helped us out by playing along with a treasure hunt scheme we had concocted for our kids. I snuck out to a deserted early morning beach and buried pirate treasure. Then, the staff member lay in wait for my kids, called them over to the desk, spun a story of Blackbeard dropping off a message, and gave them the treasure map! They also accomodated us on check-in when we arrived early by providing us with directions to a great local wildlife center, and then calling us when our room was ready.
The breakfasts were tasty, and the 24 hour coffee was fresh. The indoor pool was a great asset when it was raining, and the outdoor pool and lazy river were small but entertaining. The beach is as advertised - merely steps away, and so lovely. The only drawback was the bugs - when we were there, so were a lot of biting flies that encouraged you to stay in the surf and off the beaches! (But we were there during a huge heat wave, which may have had something to do with it.)
The hotel has an adorable cat who wanders around the pool area. Guests like to feed it from the complimentary breakfasts. We found that if you give her some turkey from your in-room refrigerator, she'll sleep on your terrace and be your best friend while you're there. If you don't like cats, just don't feed her - she knows where her bread is buttered! We "named" her Carolina (after the state) but I don't think she really has a name.
We didn't want to leave, and can't wait to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal Outer Banks hotel right on the beach in Corolla, NC. We offer oceanfront rooms and suites that look out onto the pristine sandy dunes of the Outer Banks. Explore the remote beauty of the outer banks of North Carolina. See wild horses, the famous light houses of the outer banks, take a kayak tour, or choose to sit by the pool or lounge in our lazy river. Enjoy our free daily breakfast and wifi. Relaxation awaits you at our outer banks Corolla NC hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de, Reservation Counter, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks/ Corolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Outerbanks Corolla Hotel Corolla
- Hampton Inn Outerbanks Carolla
- Hampton Inn Corolla
- Corolla Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Outer Banks/ Corolla NC