“Owner is nuts”
Review of Corolla Raceway

Corolla Raceway
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This mad man came yelling out of the store. As I drove around with my 7 years old son, this freak is cursing in front of many families. After looking at others on the board here, it seems common. The guy is nuts and it's way overpriced. The cars go slow anyway.

Steer clear of this place. This guy needs a check up from the neck up. I hope he goes out of business.

For you and your families safety, Id stay away. Owner is a scary guy.

7  Thank ttopstock

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Let's just say that I've been coming here for over 10 years and in the last 5 or so...have lost every race to the kids! Just to see the grin on their face is worth it! The go-carts are great and can accomodate singles or adults with small children. Don't forget the bumper cars too! It truly is fun for everyone and a place that the adults have a chance to re-live their childhood!

2  Thank OBXGlobalTraveler
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We visited this track the last time we were in OBX about 6 years ago and were looking forward to taking our kids back there. Teenage girls were looking forward to driving on their own, but 10 year old son didn't really want to ride by himself. Older sister offered to ride double and let him ride with her. Girl at the register in the arcade said that wouldn't work as he was slightly over the 58" height requirement for driving alone. So we paid $11/each for 4 people to drive for 5 minutes. They only had to wait about 10-15 mins for their turn, but what a disappointment! Son had no idea what he was doing as this was his first time driving alone. The two girls working the track, as well as another driver, kept screaming at him to speed up because he was driving to so cautiously. Finally, one of the guys working the track pulled him over to the side and gave him some assistance and tips. According to my oldest daughter, the two guys were being helpful and patient. Also, she said she was so aggravated at him getting yelled at by everyone that she just wanted to get out of her car and yell at them! Middle daughter's comment as soon as she got off the ride: "Those people are just rude!" Son's perception: "I had so much fun!"...only reason for 2 stars. Told the girl at the register in the arcade (that you are forced to walk back through) about his poor experience. Her response, a less than heartfelt "Sorry".

5  Thank Hotspot63
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The owner is psychotic or under the influence of a substance. I was riding the 2-seater cart with my 4 year old daughter and was stopped 1.5 minutes into the ride. I asked what was the problem and he screamed at us that I was driving irradicly and told me and my daughter to get out of the cart and leave his property. All I was doing was blocking my family member from passing us as he had a faster cart. He wasn't even bumping my back bumper as we both had 4 year olds with us; just a little rubbing. We have raced go carts many places and never had any problems. I told him I paid for a total of 3 rides and showed him my tickets for the other rides. He ripped them up and was yelling to get out and refused to refund my unused rides. He was in my face screaming. My daughter was crying hysterically and I decided it wasn't worth the $36 to argue the point with my daughter present. I wish I would have seen these reviews before we went. Needless to say, this guy will not get anymore of my money. Also, the track is small and boring in design. We found a much nicer track in Kitty Hawk which is larger, more interesting, and had faster cars. I wonder if this owner in Corolla is new, I can't imagine he will be in business long if he continues his psychotic ways.

14  Thank Mike355F1