“STINKS”
Review of Corolla Raceway

Corolla Raceway
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

The guy that owns it is a jerk not to me but to others they bump and they don't bump the owner is a jerk. It is "Cash only" because you can not pay it on credit card so over all: horrible

7  Thank Reviewguy120

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Sometimes one can't help being"bumped " the so called "owner" takes his family fun job very seriously! He must take pride in acting like a first class jerk! This guy is clearly lacking in education and public hospitality! The feel of dominance must excite him!!

6  Thank Bvesic
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We wanted to take our kids go-kart racing and came across Corolla Raceway. We almost turned away because they only accept cash, but we relented and used loot.

The track is small, but still fun for my three year-old. What people said about the "no bumping" Gestapo atmosphere is true, however. My brother-in-law was stopped and kicked out for lightly bumping into me. After that happened, it became nothing more than my son and I riding around a track. We can do that at home riding our lawn tractor. Vacation should be more fun than that.

And it was $12 per ride, not $10. That's a pricey five minutes if you last the whole five minutes, and it's a lot more if you get booted.

To put this in perspective, we rode go-karts last year in Rehobeth Beach. We slammed each other so hard that my brother-in-law hurt his back and my leg got bruised (from within the car). Now THAT was fun and is why the carts come with bumpers.

If the owner doesn't want bumping, he should make people ride one at a time or he should get a new gig. It's kind of like a surfboard rental place with a "don't get it wet" rule.

8  Thank Fullgoosebozo
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Great family fun!! Nice cars, clean safe and great location. A must do while at the beach!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Owner and staff are completely rude. Agree with all of the previous negative reviews. Had I read reviews prior to visiting, I might have avoided as our experience was identical. - too many cars running at once on a small track, which leads to unintentional bumping. After being warned for bumping once, I acknowledged and avoided additional bumping. After being bumped from behind and spinning out, a staff member got right in my face and screamed at me and my nine year old daughter to leave immediately and there was no refund. My daughter started to cry at which point, I lost it on the staff member and then the owner. A bad scene in front of my daughter that I was later embarrassed about.

I have run go karts at other tracks and unintentional bumping is inevitable - particularly when you have nearly 20 cars running on a tiny track. Owner is a first rate jerk and staff is very rude.

Everyone should boycott him and run him out of business. It's a shame that a great vacation destination like corolla has to have a business owner like this treating vacationers so poorly!! AVOID!!

12  Thank RMS8583