“This restaurant is closed”
Review of Giovanni's - CLOSED

Giovanni's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This restaurant has been closed for years.The food was pretty awful. The last reviewer has it confused with Bambino's which had good food but unfortunately suffered smoke and water damage during a fire in April 2014.

1  Thank corollafoodie

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Giovanni's was Nicoletta's a few years back. Under new ownership they have kept the great food. The service is friendly. The location is pretty far up towards the unpaved road so a lot people never get up that far north.
It is worth the trip. Have the Lasagna, it is fabulous with enough left to take home. My granddaughter age 6 ate it the next day for lunch and loved it. We will go back in the Spring.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We eat out often at upscale restaurants, and know good food and service, Giovanni's has both. After a long day on the beach it was nice to be greeted with tall glasses of water, a basket of fresh baked bread and a savory bowl of olive oil / pesto to dip it in while our drink orders were being filled and we reviewed the menu. The salads were crispy, fresh and excellent; my wife and daughter had the ceasar and I loved the unusual combination of flavors in the warm goat cheese beet salad. My son declared the lasagna "the best I've ever had", I tried some and thought it had a terrific combination of flavors. The pizza had a delicious sauce with fresh toppings and was cooked perfectly. Giovanni's is pretty new, and so did not have the long (one to two hour at 7:00PM on a weeknight) wait times that we were
quoted at the cluster of restaurants at TimBuckII. The prices were very reasonable ($$$ dining at $$ prices). We could not have enjoyed our dinner more, please don't hesitate to try Giovanni's.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

The website says 11:30-9 seven days a week, the schedule on the door says 5-9 Mon. though Fri. 11:30-9 Sat. but they are closed more than that. I guess some places just can't keep it together. I wonder what will be there next year.

jon27927, Owner at Giovanni's, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Thank you for your review. We are finding our way in the Corolla market. We are open Tuesday through Friday for dinner. Saturday we serve lunch starting at 11:30, dinner at 5pm. Sunday we serve dinner at 5. We will be there next year with an expanded menu and hours.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

My husband and I are just back from a road trip starting from New York going to Durham, North Carolina. One of our destinations was Corolla in the Outer Banks. Spent two wonderful days there. Ate at Giovanni's restaurant, which was very close to our hotel. Didn't want to have to drive anymore that day. Restaurant was a little difficult to find at first. When we arrived a very large group was just seated. (later found no advance warning to restaurant they were arriving! why do people do that!!) Anyway, restaurant seemed short staffed that evening and drinks, bread, appetizers, dinner, seemed to take forever to get. Owner and waitress were extremely apologetic. Anyway, didn't feel much like eating after waiting so long , BUT when the dinners came, it was the most amazing chicken parmiagana I ever ate!!!! Jjust like from home. (nyc) . So it was well worth the wait!!! All was forgiven!!!!

By the way, we went back next evening to have a glass of wine at the bar with the owner, just to let her know how much we enjoyed the food. It was really nice talking to her. It made for a wonderful evening for me and my husband. Really felt welcomed.

Worth a visit!!!!