“Jeeps on the Beach”

Corolla Jeep Adventures
Ranked #6 of 22 Tours in Corolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Go with the original jeep adventure co. See the wild horses and four wheel on private land! the only tour co. to offer terrain designed for fun! and groomed for the wild horses!!
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Jeeps on the Beach”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was not a trip that I initially thought I'd enjoy. My better half booked it under the idea of "going to see wild horses". After a week on the OBX I thought I'd rather spend my day back at our place, in the pool, with a beverage in my hand.

Wow was I wrong. After picking up the jeeps and meeting our guide (who was awesome), we proceeded north on Rt-12 which is the main OBX strip. After a mile or two outside of Corolla the road ends and you enter "no-mans-land". North of here are miles of homes built in the dunes. On a map you'd get the appearance of roads but this was all sand. Whether we were on the beach or up by the old Coast Guard station, it was all cool and fun. Sure, we saw horses too (and that was cool too) but for me driving through the dunes in a jeep topped all of it.

For the record, I would definitely recommend this adventure to anyone visiting the OBX.

Dighton
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The BEST! so fun, worth the time and money!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

we recently traveled to the Outer Banks with a large group of 20 (12 kids and 8 adults). We had set out on our own earlier in the week in hopes of finding the wild horses, but had no luck.
On the last day of our vacation we contacted Carolla Jepp Adventures and they set us up nicley with a package that included 2 Jeeps, plus their own open truck and about an hour of ATV riding.
What a great experience. The adults and kids had a wonderful time, the guide was superb and we got the inside scoop on where to find the horses! We were an unruly bunch (some, not all of us) and he was very patient and professional.
I would highly recommend this outfitter! Greeat equipment, great staff and a truly unique experience to see the horses, dunes and learn about the area.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

1 Thank chefheidi
Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Can't say enough about the great time we had”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

John is the BEST! Couldn't have asked for a better time. We were a group of 3 families and rented two jeeps plus had two people ride with the John. John's excitement is infectious and he is full of knowledge about the wildlife and the area and had lots of interesting information to share. We had some camera buffs in our group and he went to great pains to make sure we got some great shots. We found horses in multiple locations and drove through some fun dune areas. We all LOVED jumping off the dune - the teenagers especially! Everyone had a great time jumping and John took some great shots with our cameras for us. Can't say enough good things about this tour and the great time we all had.

1 Thank GFMominCT
Wyckoff, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“ATV Tour was a blast”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

John is the man - Oorah! The whole family enjoyed seeing the wild horses, but we were there for some off-road fun in the sand. I was suprised to find out the tour company owned a large tract of land where we enjoyed the Polaris RZR side-by-sides. Just another great outdoor activity to add to the growing list of OBX fun. John and the tour company was great - have used them before and will use them again.

1 Thank TinyToesBud
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun in the sun”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

By far one of the best ways to spend a couple hours of your day! HIGHLY recommend this company! Our tour guide, John was the most compassionate person about his job I have EVER met! He was very knowledgable, friendly, funny, caring! Weather your visiting the OBX or living here and looking for something fun to do, this is it! How many activities are fun for ALL AGES? This is!!!

1 Thank Debbie M