“Exactly what we needed!”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Smooth Sailing

Horses
View from the Kitchen
Location to Turn off the Beach
Livingroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
nuggit15
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Exactly what we needed!”
Reviewed October 13, 2010 for a stay in September 2010

What a perfect spot - it's exactly what my new husband and I needed to relax after the rush and stress of a wedding. The house is in an ideal location, far enough up the beach (about 2.5 miles) that it feels secluded, but close enough to town (about 15 minutes) to run and pick up carry-out or more margarita mix. And the wild ponies that came down to the beach every day was a definite bonus.

The house was very clean and fully stocked with everything we needed, aside from towels and linens. The abundance of beach supplies and on-site washer and dryer were so helpful in helping us pack light so we could focus on just getting to the beach.

The only thing that I could count as a 'minus' would be the water - sometimes it did smell, but it was enough wash the sand off you and there was a water cooler for drinking and cooking, so it really wasn't that big of a deal.

Overall, I think the house was the perfect size, in a great spot, with everything we needed. (And the owner, Angi, was super helpful and responsive via email!)

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
ImNoGumby
New Jersey
“Not all the details matched”
Reviewed October 12, 2010 for a stay in August 2010

The Queen bed in the master bedroom turned out to be a full sized bed. We found a note that said the dryer wasn't working (we contacted the owner who said that it could be used). The blender didn't work, the DVD player made a loud humming noise making it almost impossible to hear the sound of the movie. The owner used the excuse that she had just acquired the property a short time ago- but this made no difference to me. It didn't match what was advertised. The house is truly in a remote location, which we loved. We saw wild horses daily and the house itself was nice. If you can get past the well water which smells like sulfur and has a red tint that may stain your skin and clothes then you will like this house. I would have liked it much better if the owner had been more forthcoming with details. (I felt like we were mislead.)

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Management Response
Oct 11, 2010
I am sorry that you were inconvenienced. I wish I would have known about the appliances during your stay and not later. I certainly would have replaced them promptly. The mattress has since been replaced with a new queen pillowtop. A new well was put in last year. I think a new source of water can be energizing and can even dispell malicious destructive attitudes.
MD
Reviewed August 24, 2010 for a stay in July 2010
people found this review helpful

Check in / front desk Service
Liked best: wildlife,view,convenience to the beach
Liked least: mosquito’s, well water
Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Management Response
Aug 24, 2010
Thanx Joulia...First of all be assured that how your stay is at my house is important to me. I have contacted the water specialist. Rust in the water and sulpher odor is inherant to well water at the beach. Even the treated water in town has it. It was never that bad during the time I have stayed at our house but none the less I've felt the need to do some upgrading to the water softener and chlorinator. The hot dry weather does affect the wells they tell me. Joel annalysed the water and it had lots of rust and sulphur . He worked on it for 2 weeks to balance it and he still comes by regularly to test it. Both he and Libba the housekeeper tell me it is clear.... I'll be there often to check it !!!! Joel tells me that the water is now drinkable. Besides providing the bottled water in the water cooler I have also purchased reverse osmosis water treatment units for all the sinks to provide bottled water in taps. Im almost certain that the insects you encountered by the hundreds are Midges...they don't bite. They are annoying for a brief time when they swarm and it does depend on which way the wind blows.
Again.. I appreciate your feedback... any feedback good and bad..
Ont.
Reviewed May 14, 2010 for a stay in May 2010
person found this review helpful

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing