“Who would expect good Italian food on the OBX?”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Ranked #8 of 86 Restaurants in Corolla
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Come get a taste of the sweet life ... In Corolla. Classic Italian dishes using family recipes including hand-tossed pizza, homemade sauces, bread and desserts. We are all about family, friends, good food and friendly service. Hope to see you soon! Ciao! During the high season from Memorial Day to Labor Day, we offer 30 minute call ahead seating. Before Memorial Day & after Labor Day we will be happy to take your reservation!
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friends and I went to Corolla expecting to eat another meal of seafood or Mexican, but we had Italian. We were all happy we did. I had the spaghetti and meatballs. The portions are huge. I had the leftovers for dinner the next night. The food was delicious. I started with the soup special. It was just the right touch. My friends raved about their selections. I tasted the pesto gnocchi. It may have had too much pesto for some tastes, but not mine. All dishes are prepared there and made with great care to detail. The wine list was extensive. Our choices went well with our meal. The iced tea was very good too. Unfortunately, their cappuccino machine was broken so we missed that end of meal treat.

The service was professional and top notch from start to finish. We were seated quickly, though we didn't have a reservation. The bread basket was brought promptly, accompanied by an olive oil dip. We asked for butter as well and it was brought out immediately. Parking isn't a problem as they're in a shopping mall on the bay side. A visit here will be a lovely memory of your vacation.

1  Thank mariocat

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Second visit in 2 years. Consistently delicious food in a wonderful atmosphere. Hospitality is present from the moment you enter. Huge portions. Good selection of wines and tasty pesto dip for the fresh bread.

Well-trained, attentive, and genuine waitstaff.

You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is place is small, but cute, and nicely decorated. The food is served in HUGE portions (recommend sharing) and is ALL homemade and super tasty!
The service is super friendly and quick!
I had the lasagna, its HUGE and even better than my grandmothers, my husband had the Chicken pesto gnocchi, which he said was excellent. Make sure you save room for dessert, they have a amazing selection of homemade desserts that you just have to try. The carrot cake with cream cheese frosting was yummmm! Overall well be back, not just for the delicious food, but the value and the ambiance. (awesome sunset views over the sound)

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Seating was immediate which was great as my fiancee and I were both tired. The waitress took our drink orders within just a few minutes of us being seated, she brought out the bread and olive oil dip along with our drinks. We had both already ordered when she told us about the dinner specials, so I ended up changing my order. I ordered the lobster and crab ravioli with the vodka/marinara sauce. Well, I think the marinara overpowered everything else, as I couldn't taste the seafood, and the pasta was cold and hard/crunchy. My fiancee ordered the chicken parm, it was a huge portion and he said it was good, but overpriced. The restaurant was incredibly loud (due to families with babies, and I mean babies in highchairs). I don't know if it's just the acoustics in there, but each cry of each baby seemed to be right in my ear. The servers had to yell to be heard, which made having a conversation impossible. I would think this would be the type of restaurant you don't bring babies/infants/toddlers to. Overall, service was good, but the food, atmosphere, and prices will send me elsewhere.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Super friendly staff and excellent food. We had a party of 18 and were graciously accommodated when other restaurants in the area would not take our reservation. The staff was fantastic and took care of all the details our experience. Highly recommend the portabella mushroom & spinach ravioli. Don't miss the tasty chocolate cake and enjoy the smiles from the staff!

1  Thank Speakman6