“Casual spot with decent food”

Uncle Ike's Sandbar & Grill
Ranked #13 of 85 Restaurants in Corolla
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Uncle Ike's Sandbar & Grill is the best kept secret in Corolla Light. Open 7:30 am till 2 am. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner & full service bar till 2 am, 7 days a week!! Karaoke, DJ nights, Theme Parties, NFL Sunday Ticket, Sports Package, Covered seating, Outdoor Beer bar, kid friendly, Large Parties welcome!!!
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stopped at Uncle Ike's at the recommendation of our hotel (Inn at Corolla Light), and we found the service and food to be quite good. I'd describe the menu as beach bar food. The wings, fries, and fish tacos were all good.

Don't expect fancy, but it's a decent spot to enjoy dinner after a day at the beach.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Went to Uncle Ike's for lunch on the last day of a recent OBX trip. It had a nice, casual sports bar and grill type feel to it, and the service was quick and friendly. They had a diverse menu and reasonable prices, and the four of us all enjoyed our meals. I tried the philly cheese steak and it was pretty tasty. Though we sat inside, there was also a nice outside seating area as well. I would definitely return to Uncle Ike's on my next trip to Corolla.

1  Thank tjmoney44
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Saw this place on Trip Advisor so thought we would check it out. Especially after seeing chicken and waffles on the menu. A group of 8 of us went for lunch and had the crabby fries,seafood nachos, crab ssandwich, Corolla wrap and chicken and waffles. Everything was absolutely amazing. It was the best chicken and waffles I've ever had. This is absolutely worth eating at if you're in Corolla!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We've been going to Uncle Ike's for a couple of years now and it has become a mainstay on our visits to OBX. With regards to seafood, the crab cakes and fish tacos were best I've had in that part of Corolla. The chicken and waffles, chicken fried chicken and HUGE chicken wings are also personal favorites. While the staff is slow on occasion (but always friendly), it is a small business that tries to limit overhead so that needs to be expected. All-in-all, we eat or drink there at least 2-3 times per trip. Highly recommended for families and couples alike.

1  Thank Matt N
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had a guest with me who had a shellfish allergy. I ordered the dill pickle chips. When I got them, I noticed they tasted like fish or some other sort of seafood. I asked them if they fried everything in the same oil. The waitress did not know. We had already informed her of shellfish allergy at the table. A lady manager came out and was so rude to us letting us know that EVERYONE fries things in the same oil. (not where I have worked they don't) But she didn't let us say anything at all, proceeded to blast us to the point we were so embarrassed we just decided to leave. We never even complained, just asked a simple question. Geez!