“Awesome horses and ride on the beach!”

Bobs Wild Horse Tours
Ranked #7 of 22 Tours in Corolla
More attraction details
Owner description: See the Corolla Wild Horses in an open air truck. We have custom vehicles that will seat up to 14 people. All tours have a money back guarantee and are safe for all ages. This is a must do tour if you are on the Outer Banks of NC. We have been safely guiding for over 15 years. All guides are certified by the Corolla Wild Horse Fund.
Oakton, Virginia, United States
“Awesome horses and ride on the beach!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Not only did we see the horses, but we learned so much history about the area. The ride on the beach and dunes was thrilling and Sid was a great tour guide. This is a MUST for your next OBX vacation.

Visited October 2013

Greenville, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very fun, especially if you like horses/animals.”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I took this tour back in August, I cannot remember the tour guide's name (Maybe Mike,not sure, he was in his mid-20s) but he knew a lot about the horses and the area we drove through. It was a great way to spend a couple of hours. The horses are so regal and pristine, it's incredible that an effort has been made to sustain their population (and in a natural way). Well worth your time and money if you are on the OBX.

Visited August 2013
“The best thing I have ever done on OBX”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This trip was amazing. We got onto a 4x4 truck that had 3 rows of seats with a cover on top. Our guide was friendly and fun. He took us on the beach and into the dunes, stopping to tell us interesting details along the way. We saw several harems of horses, some in back yards, along roads and in the canal. This tour was my favorite experience yet in OBX. We will defiantly go again on our next visit!

Visited October 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 208 helpful votes
“Great experience, highly recommended”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Took one of Bob's Tours on our last day of a recent OBX trip. We got to ride in one of the open top buses and it was really fun. Be careful about wearing hats though because it is extremely windy as you drive on the beach! Speaking of which, driving on the beach was really cool, especially when we drove on the dunes. Our guide was very friendly and answered alot of the questions we had for him. We got the chance to see 10-15 wild horses, it was really funny seeing them walking around people's houses as if they were squirrels or deer. And yes, if you didn't know before, there are houses that are only accessible with 4x4 automobiles, and you get to see these houses on the tour as well. I'd say the most fun part of the tour was driving up and down the beach, seeing the people who come to this part of the beach to have it to themselves. I don't know that I would need to do it again, but a horse tour is something that everyone who visits OBX should try. And I would definitely recommend Bob's as the company to try it with.

Visited August 2013
Schnecksvill, PA
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Problems with this tour.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

For 10 years, my husband and I have taken the wild horse tours offered in Corolla. I would say this was the worst tour out of the four companies we toured with in the past.
The trucks PA system was not working so the driver/tour guide had to keep stopping to tell us information. I guess for this reason the tour had very limited highlights of the area mentioned. On other tours, we got a lot more information about the history and information about this area of the OBX.
I would not recommend this tour.

Visited September 2013