Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

carol d
Prescott, Arizona
via mobile

7,846 results
All reviews our tour guide great tour the outer banks wild horse adventure tour tom baker beautiful horses sunset tour highly recommend this tour great sense of humor awesome guide knew where his knowledge fun ride a lot of fun highlight of our trip awesome experience both sides
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Very organized. Quick check-in, courteous staff. They accommodated letting us bring our service dog without any issues. It was cold, 40+F. They had blankets already waiting for us in the Hummers. Our guide Marshall was knowledgeable and friendly. Sadly my only complaint was basically a failing of expectation. I thought we’d be riding around through dunes/brush looking for horses, but instead just drove mostly around the beach houses looking at the same 5-7 horses.
I think if what they say is true about using the fees to purchase land adjacent to protected area, I think it’s worth supporting their efforts here.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This tour was the highlight of our “girl’s weekend”. The vehicles they used are very safe, comfortable and they even provided blankets on a cool but sunny day. Our guide Stu was friendly and knowledgeable. We saw a lot of horses and even a few bald eagles. This was my third trip to Carolla, but my first tour to see the horses. Wish I had done it earlier and I’ll definitely do it again. The best part is, each time you go out you never know what you’re going to see.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I loved this tour! We learned about the horses and many other things about the outer banks. The open air hummer was fun, and seeing the horses was exciting.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

A wonderful experience seeing the horses of Corolla and Carova. Our guide Kelly went out of her way to make sure we got the most out of our trip. Kelly’s knowledge of the area, history, and lore enhanced our trip exponentially! Driving around in a hummer through a remote area- no visible markings- through sand, bypassing dunes, to scout out these magnificent beasts- what a great day! Thank you Kelly- you are awesome!!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

What a great tour! Our guide was Kelly (hi Kelly's mom- your daughter did great). It was informative, perfect weather, awesome vehicle (hummer), and we saw plenty of horses. We were also surprised by a wild pig sighting- Kelly says none of the guides in all their years have spotted one on their tours so it was indeed a treat. We noticed it because two horses were running away from it, lol. Recommend this tour to any visitor.

Reviewed 1 week ago

What a fantastic trip on a beautiful early November day. Kelly was our guide and she's one of the main reasons the trip was so wonderful. She knew the area and provided plenty of information about the stallions and the Outerbanks and was more than willing to answer any questions. We located 12 to 18 stallions throughout the two hour tour. We also were able to see some beautiful homes that you wouldn't know existed unless you had a very good 4 wheel drive. We rode in Hummers which added to the fun. We noticed that there are a number of horse tour companies out of Corolla and we left feeling that we had chosen the best company and were lucky enough to get the best guide. Well worth the money.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Despite our chilly week at the beach, we decided to take the tour anyway and had 11 in our group ranging from 2 - 65 years of age. The whole team at Wild Horse Adventures - from booking the tour to loading was excellent! We really enjoyed having individual car seats that we could utilize the kids car seats for safety. (as recommended) I've did the tour 6 times now including this one with different tour company's. I loved the added touches like additional blankets. We did get to see the horses and even one of the colts. It was a great trip and I would recommend asking for Ryan our tour guide. He was very informative and you could tell very passionate about what he does. This family will be back to do it again next year! Thanks for the adventure! (P.S- if its a chilly day, and the sun is shining - just dress warm and enjoy the moment!)

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Although we were not expecting so many homes around the area where the wild Spanish Mustangs roam, we had a great tour! Marshall was our tour guide, he was very informative and we found several "harems" and even two of the youngest members of the herd. I got some great pictures of those beautiful animals. We were very impressed with the fact that the company is working hard to protect the horses and trying to stop the ridiculous advance of civilization. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great time on this excursion. Stu was a great guide and gave us lots of information about the horses without sounding like an encyclopedia. We had many opportunities to see and take phocsnof the horses. I would definitely recommend this trip to a friend.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The tour was the best and most interesting way to see the wild horses in Corolla. Our tour guide, Charlie, knew his subjects well, as he skillfully navigated our humvee through the sandy paths while he sometimes humorously enlightened us on the history and environs of the horses. We were able to spot a few groups of horses, of which a couple groups had a foal (so exciting), while giving us insight on the horses lifestyle and the land they live on. I was glad to hear how the tour company works closely with the horse conservation group to help protect and conserve/protect the horses' habitat. This is definitely a worthwhile event on the visit to Corolla.