“Great time with Wild Horse Adventure Tours”

Wild Horse Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Feel the ocean breeze and taste the salty air! See the wild horses of the Outer Banks and whip through beach, dune, and forest trails with Hummer Adventure Tours. Discover some of the most unique sights the Outer Banks has to offer. Our friendly and knowledgeable tour guides take you onto pristine northern beaches that are accessible only with a 4x4 off-road vehicle. With more terrain, no two tours are ever the same; so if you like history, ecology, adventure, and quick-witted comedy, we have you covered.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A great experience with Dave at the Wild Horse Adventure Tours. He was a pleasure to talk to and really knew about the horses and the area. Highly recommend him and this company.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,705)
All reviews
"tom baker"
in 105 reviews
"sunset tour"
in 119 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 135 reviews
in 91 reviews
"two hours"
in 122 reviews

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I went on this tour with some family members for my birthday and can't think of a better way to celebrate. Our guide, Dave, is knowledgable about the horses and the surrounding area, and he went out of his way to make sure everyone in our party had a great experience. Even though the horses are sometimes hard to spot in the winter, Dave knew exactly where to find them and we saw more than we bargained for. The horses are absolutely beautiful and a great time was had by all!!!! I highly recommend for anyone with a love of horses and the outdoors.

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time & would recommend this to anyone who likes a thrill (but not be scared) and wants to learn about the wildlife of the Outer Banks. I am thrilled to have Gary as our guide. I worried we would miss a lot of the "educational" part or some of the humor because we drove the jeep ourselves. No problem! Gary stopped a few times and made us feel very included. We felt this was well worth the cost.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We took the tour today and had Dave as our guide. Couldn't have asked for a nicer, more knowledgeable person to lead us. The tour would have been beautiful no matter who guided us but Dave made it more special with his wit, humor and friendliness. Definitely a great experience and I'd highly recommend Dave and this tour service to others.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Took my son on a father/son adventure. We originally were to go to Williamsburg VA to check out the colonial village but it snowed. I called four wild horse tours to change gears and left messages. By morning I hadn't heard back from anyone so we were off to the Virginia Beach Aquarium; half way down our street Linda from Wild Horse Adventure Tours called and we were on our way to Corolla. We had a total blast. I don't get "excited" much ( I always have a great time but excited is not my character...I got totally excited the whole trip). Jeeps, dunes, horses (24 horses in all in approx. 6 different groups), beautiful, beautiful sceanery and amazing
houses; the day couldn't have been better. My 9 year old son loved it and our guide Dave was the best. He went above and beyond in making our day fun and informative including stopping to pick up shells on the beach and giving it to my son. This habitat is so unexpected and beautiful that if you have the opportunity you shouldn't miss it. Thanks Dave for a great day.