“This was a great hotel to stay at, very nice people work there”

Clarion Inn Lake Norman
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius
PA
“This was a great hotel to stay at, very nice people work there”
Reviewed May 30, 2007

I read the comments before i went to the hotel, the comments put down the hotel, i had the worst in mind, but at the time i needed something fast, but when i got there i was greatly suprised, the hotel was very nice, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, the rooms were very nice and clean, the beds were really comfortable, the continental breakfast had a lot of verity, nice cable tv selections, the pool was small but nice and had a little pool for kids, overall i was very pleased with my stay, i would definitely stay at this hotel again

• Liked — every thing was very nice
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank km3craig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Arizona
Reviewed March 15, 2007

This hotel was under renovation. The lobby was being tiled when we checked in and the rooms were dusty and seemed partially finished. But, the hotel was accommodating. They didn't have a double room, so they upgraded us to a suite for the same price. The first room had a problem with the toilet and the manager immediately moved us to another room when we called. The rooms still have the typical Best Western thin sheets and towels and the beds are just okay. Yet, given the slim choices in the area it served the purpose and wasn't bad for the money. Plan on booking ahead if you are going to Davidson or stay up the road in Mooresville where there are newer hotels and more dining options. Davidson is a picturesque college town that is worth seeing.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cynthgso

Travelers are raving about these Cornelius hotels

Reviewed May 11, 2006

I am so sad that anyone would write such an awful thing about a hotel. I had to stay there for 3 months while my house was built. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful my stay was. I was treated with the upmost respect from the front desk to house keepers. everyone was so friendly each and every day. the lobby was brght with sunshine coming in the windows. Was a very busy lobby but never saw any dogs unless they were on leashes. All pet owners were very respectable of hotel and other guest. My room was clean daily, privacy was observed. They offered me a great breakfast daily. Had a fitness room to work out in and all the staff were always there to help you with anything you could think of. there business center was most helpful. I would tell anyone I know to stay here. In fact I called Best Western International after i left to thank them for such a great place they had, and to let them know that I will tell everyone how good this hotel is. Shame on people trying to hurt a hotel's reputation like this. keep up the great work Best Western :)

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 9, 2006

I was shocked to see a bad review. From start to finish we received nothing but excellent treatment from the staff. The rooms were extremely spacious, and included geat amenities such as fridge, microwave and coffee pot. The breakfast was exceeding expectations in every way. The lobby was clean and bright and I enjoyed the occasional dog passing through the hall, I can assure you the dogs were not lingering or bothersome in any way. I was also assured and found true that they were kept only on one floor and the other rooms were pet free. The front desk people went beyond the call of duty, they were helpful with local information and never made us feel like a problem even though we ahd lots of questions. We were greeted by name continually. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. I cannot say enough nice things about the accomidations and especially the staff. I am a Best Western customer for life!!

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 8, 2005

I am usually not the kind of person to rag on a hotel, but this has to be about the worst dump I've ever encountered! Upon our arrival, we walked into the lobby area and noticed that it was very dim and musty to say the least (the dogs running around in the lobby must have felt right at home). We went to the desk and got our keys to two rooms on the fourth floor. When we opened the door to the first room we got the surprise of our lives to find that there were already people staying in the room! We quickly backed out the door into the hallway and went to the second room while my father went to get a key to another room. We walked inside the second room and almost got sick to our stomachs. Not only was there mold around the air conditioning unit and the bedcovers only pulled partially-up on the bed, but there was something red splattered all over one of the walls. My 15 year old daughter gave me a bewildered look and yelled "Is this blood?!" I had everyone in my party (my 66 year old mother, my 42 year old brother and my two kids ages 14 and 15) pick up their belongings and hightail it back to the dusty elevator. Once we got back to the lobby, we found an elderly gentleman complaining about his room. He said "I'm not going to stay in this room am I?" The receptionist replied "No sir, we have you in that room until your room is ready." he said okay and then away he went. When I told the lady at the desk what we had found she stated matter of factly "Oh the beds are that way because the room hasn't been cleaned yet." I looked at her and asked "Then why did you give us keys to a room that hadn't been cleaned?" She just stood there looking at me like a deer in the headlights. Thank God that I had an alternate hotel mapped out just in case of this type of emergency! We used the phone in the Best Western lobby to call the Hampton Inn to place a reservation and then packed our luggage back in the van to go 3 minutes up the road. The Hampton Inn was both wonderful and clean and we highly recommend it to anyone staying in Cornelius, North Carolina. Stay away from the Best Western!!!

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelius
Comfort Inn & Suites
#9 of 12 in Huntersville
Quality Inn Huntersville
Quality Inn Huntersville
#10 of 12 in Huntersville

Been to Clarion Inn Lake Norman? Share your experiences!