“Mold and horrible customer service.”

Clarion Inn Lake Norman
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have a horrible allergy to one thing and that is mold. Staying here in room 305 I could not breathe, my throat swelled up during the night. When I reported it to the person on duty I was reprimanded by him for not requesting a room change. I informed him that 1) I wasn't about to move rooms at 2am and 2) I shouldn't have to because there shouldn't be mold in the room to begin with!!
I was so not happy with the customer service. I was going to overlook the general blah-ness of the place as I am not a person that needs a fancy place- just clean and safe. This place has a great location close to Davidson College but I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Linda H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear J. I apologize for you not having a good experience on your stay here at the Clarion. We take pride in our hotel and I have personally checked this room out and I did not find any signs of mold in this room. I understand you were here for two nights and did not have a problem the first night. Your feedback is very important to us and I do appreciate your concerns.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Lake Norman

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel is just north of Charlotte. We have stayed here more than once. Even though it is a little older, it is always clean. The people at the front desk are very nice and the owner is always there day or night. The king size bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great. The pool is clean. The breakfast is very nice. It includes donuts, bagels, eggs, sausage, biscuits, make your own waffles, cereals, juice, and all day coffee. The breakfast area has lots of room with plenty of chairs and tables to sit. We didn't use the exercise room so I can't comment on that. The hotel was not noisy. There are plenty of parking spots. The clerk mentioned that there were restaurants in the area if you told them you were staying in this hotel you would get a discount. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Linda H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Jessica, thank you for your response about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here and look forward to your next visit. We appreicate the feedback and use this as a tool to continue making our guests feel at home.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and myself stayed at the Cornelius, NC Clarion Inn on 8/29/2013 on our way to Florida and stayed again coming back home to Ohio on 9/12/2013. We were very satisfied with the excellent service, the cleanliness of the room and the continental breakfast was the best (so much to eat). I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in that vicinity.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda S
Linda H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our on line survey

We very much appreciate and value your feedback. Your survey response will serve an encouragement to our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant for all our guests.

Linda Huffman
Clarion Inn
704-896-0660

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My two kids, my dog and I spent about 10 days at this hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Not only is it modern and ultra clean, but every member of the staff is friendly, professional and responsive. The warm, cozy atmosphere is only made better by their complimentary hot breakfast and, of course, the best coffee in town! The location is great -- near lots of stores and restaurants and it offers easy access to Hwy 77. We'll definitely stay there when we're back in the area in a couple months.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Linda H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

As I ventured to acquire a new job and relocate to Charlotte I found this hotel and spoke with the owner who gave me an excellent rate. After acquiring the job, I had to return to Charlotte for new hire orientations as well find a place to live. I called on Clarion for a comfortable and clean place to stay while I accomplished the above tasks and they again and again offered me the same rate and service! Linda, Wanda, and Andy also encouraged me and wished me well in my interview efforts! Josh and Carolina were helpful and courteous as well! I just want to say thank you! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Linda H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to do a survey on our hotel. Your response as to your stay is very much appreciated. Hope you will stop by and stay with us on your next visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I guess it's because on our 8 day trip and staying at places like Laquinta and Country Inn I was spoiled. Found this on the road online without reviewing. The hallway was stuffy and hot and smelled of smoke. The shower water pressure wasn't very good and the hotel just had a worn down feel. The chair in our room was missing a leg/wheel. The beds were ok but not the best i've been in on the trip. $75 still was kind of expensive since I paid the same prices for Laquinta in Florida and it was new and immaculate. The breakfast wasn't too bad though and the woman tending the breakfast area kept everything replenished and fresh.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Linda H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to make our property more valuable for our guests. We do apology for the smoke smell you experienced. We did find someone on your floor smoking in a non-smoking room which we took care of immediately. As to the chair, we have replaced it. We hope that you will stay with us again and your experience will be much better.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Excellent place to stay. I travel and stay here each time I'm in the area. Best value for my money. Great rooms, breakfast and staff!! I reccomend staying here whether you are traveling or are on vacation. Plenty of good places to eat and shop.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Linda H, General Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for taking to time to put us out on Trip Advisor. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share with our team. We use feedback from our guest to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for all our guest.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and w hope you next visit will be even more pleasant.

Linda - GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelius
Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman
#10 of 12 in Huntersville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Davidson
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman

Been to Clarion Inn Lake Norman? Share your experiences!