“2 night stay.. ehh”

Clarion Inn Lake Norman
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We've been coming here for 3 years now. The first time we came the hot tub was out of order... bummer. The 2nd time we came - it was still out of order. The 3rd time we came.. guess what... still out of order.

I don't mind the outdatedness of the hotel itself, but the bathroom was NOT clean, there was black mold around the fixings in the tub/shower.

The staff are friendly. I was just really disappointed in the cleanliness of the shower/tub and that the hot tub was ... yet again broken.

We will give it one more try - please fix the hot tub and have the cleaning people get rid of the mold!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FelicityT176

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My parents and I had separate rooms. Our room was okay just very out dated except for the bedding which made me break out. I've never broken out from a detergent before. The best were comfy but the door on the heat/air conditioner was broken. No big deal. My parents found rat poop in the air conditioner. We booked on hotels.com. It was a special deal, Online the rate was $130/night marked down to $69/ night. It was a last minute deal as we were travelling through the area so I didnt think anything about it. When we asked the front desk about the rates they said it was $79/ night. Not very happy about that. It also said the is a 2.5 star rating. I've had better rooms at my friends house. Everything felt dingy. The best past of the stay was the breakfast. It was really good but they served everything cold. It had to be warmed up. Also, I though the elevator was going to break it was so run down inside.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Courtney D
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here to be close to an event early Saturday morning that was down the street. The rooms were nice and clean. The beds and pillows were great! Mini fridges and microwaves. The breakfast area was huge with lots of tables and space. Pretty decent breakfast selection including make your own waffles. Everyone was very nice and polite. Location was great. close to everything, could walk to a bar across the street and a strip mall right beside it with a few restaurants, grocery store and dollar store. Try a restaurant called Cook House its just a couple minutes away. Amazing prices, great food, huge portions.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shellbert612
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great room for $79.00, plus 2 super restaurants right across the street that offer discounts for staying at the Clarion. We had supper at Mac's across the street, good prices and good food. The fried catfish platter was huge!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Location is good , but the rooms are old and in need of serious renovation. For our purposes, some place to crash before we left very early the next morning, it was ok. But I would not bring my wife and daughters to this place. The advertised " really nice breakfast" was below average.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I just happened to stop here and we are glad we did. The staff was very helpful, room was clean, everything worked, quiet, and the morning breakfast was great. The Clarion is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Sheila A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelius
Comfort Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman
Candlewood Suites Mooresville
Candlewood Suites Mooresville
#3 of 14 in Mooresville

Been to Clarion Inn Lake Norman? Share your experiences!