“Hidden on a side street but very nice !”

Clarion Inn Lake Norman
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius
Old Bridge NJ
“Hidden on a side street but very nice !”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed at the Clarion while visiting my son during the Thanksgiving weekend . A very friendly and helpful staff combined with comfortable rooms and most of the amenities expected of a good hotel are all here at a very reasonable price !

Room Tip: Mac's speed shop BBQ across the street from the hotel serves a good meal !try it
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
belle missouri
Reviewed November 20, 2012

great service great people i have stayed here before and will be a repeat client owner and gm very respectful and knowlegable great breakfeast:)very clean and accomodating.great fitness center as well.this motel is very pet friendly thank you for that.plenty of parking area for big trucks and boat hook ups as well.

Room Tip: business trip for duke erergy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank brandon t
Huntington, WV
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I, along with our 3 teenage daughters stayed one night.
I used Hotwire and got a good room rate of $56 per room with 2 Queen beds in each room. The hotel was basically no frills. The pool was outside, too cold to use it in November. "Fitness center" with a treadmill. There was a continental breakfast provided. My 17 year old rated it as "fair" with cereals, pastries, bananas, juices, waffles, coffee, tea, and milk.
The property was conveniently located right off of interstate.
The young man at the front desk, Bryan was polite and helpful.
For the price, this hotel was great for one night stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Ball Ground, Georgia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was blessed to get a room here when my other reservation was so disasterous I had to leave. These folks were terrific. The room was clean, fresh. The lobby and fitness area were small but welcoming and tidy. I was so pleased to stay here. Single woman traveling alone. Felt safe and secure. Great locaton too.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor. They have an elevator. Very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is tired looking and in dire need of upgrading. The halls are dank and dreary. Room was clean when we checked in; however, no housekeeping service done in our room during our stay. Have never stayed before in a hotel where the bed was not made each day. TV in room was very old, but it did work. Breakfast (included) was meager; all juices were very watered down. Chose to go to a restaurant for our 2nd breakfast. Same friendly gentleman was at desk morning, noon & night; we assumed he was the owner. Pool area was also in need of repair. "Spa" was empty and taped off; paint on bottom of pool was chipping off; and railing on steps into pool was extremely wobbly. We will be visiting this area again but definitely not staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Cornelius hotels

Grovetown, Georgia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We chose the location mainly because o fthe vicinity to the lake as well as having a whirlpool so I can rehab shoulder after swimming . We got to the hotel and it looked a bit dated fo the area. We checked in and i noticed that the whirlpool was taped off. As I got in and noticed the also dated furtniture. we slept with not isse, though also the televisions were also a bit dated to. We slept without an issur on a comfortable bed but also pillows that were a bit dated and could be replaced. The next day breakfast was good just standard fare, we went to shower and it was leaking along with the sink which was one handle lift stypl it also seemed brokern in which we had to push the bu top part down , we called the fornt desk and the phone was on speaker, I spoke with owner about the room and his first comment was" so do you want to check out? the DNC was goin going on and it was only a few days but I tried to explain to him that I was talking with the front deak lady the night before about the ice bucket not being dumped from the last customer. He then went on a big story of the economy.I basically took two things from this, 1)He is doing all he can 2) I should be gratful, I let it pass , because thouhg the room was not worth the 78 bucks on expedia, (its 80.00 if I did it direct that's odd how is cheaper from a third party?). Overall after I checked out as spoke with the GM and a clerk they mentioned they tried to warn him to do better at upgrading so for such a nice area and location and they will either step up or have to sell to someone who will. the Owner baiscally may drive this place into the ground. We saw a married couple stay there as we left and felt bad for them , Overlal stay somewhere else around there , the hotels looked more upgraded and the area is GORGEOUS . Also the fitness center was dated too, OVERALL < DATED ACCOMODATIONS

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I arrived at 12:30, hours before the 3:00 check-in time. The front desk attendant was nice enough to allow my brother and I to check-in early. We were extremely tired from the 6.5 hour drive from Maryland. The room was clean and equipped with a fridge and microwave. We were pleasantly surprised by the conditions and it was conveniently located a mile or so away from Davidson College. We were there for a football game so it was nice rest and recharge close to the school. The area was very nice and near a beautiful lake. It was also right off of hwy 7. It is also near Starbucks, the House of Jazz (excellent wings), and several fast food places. Would recommend it for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank midken
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelius
Comfort Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale
Quality Inn Huntersville
Quality Inn Huntersville
#10 of 12 in Huntersville

Been to Clarion Inn Lake Norman? Share your experiences!