“Good tasting Indian food but pricey”

Sangam Indian Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 113 Restaurants in Cornelius
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went for lunch buffet, have been to dinner previously. I feel dinner food is much better than lunch - though it can be pricey.
If you are in Cornelius area give it a try

Vish M, Guest Relations Manager at Sangam Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience online, it means a lot to us here at Sangam.

Makkar

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I tried this place thanks to a Goupon deal. Service was excellent. I never saw my glass empty because the servers kept it full.

I would recommend going during the lunch buffet. There are a lot of choices and the food is great. The naan is less that desirable, but it is a buffet.

Makkar

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am very much into food exploration and I have been to Sangam before and was pleased. On this visit by myself I placed myself in the very capable hands of Marrkam. He guided me expertly through the menu, helped me pick out a vegetable side dish to complement the cream curry lamb, then out did himself with the suggestion for a wine that would "stand-up" to the lamb dish! Did I mention he went to Johnson and Wales? Ok enough about him.
I had the tomato, cucumber and onion salad with lemon-spice dressing! YUM! Just a little heat that really set up the appetite! Soon followed by the tender lamb in a medium body cream red curry. The only problem with this dish is that it was hard to lick the sides.The accompaniment of spinach paneer was right on the money in terms of the medley of flavors with the curry. All in all it was a great meal. Just wish my wife had been there to share the mango pudding with me! Just kidding I would never have let her have a bite! It was all good. A great respite for a road warrior and Marrkam and I even exchanged a couple of recipes!
One question I was asked by the waiter which I have never heard in all my years of eating out..." So what did you think?. How could it have been better"? My only suggestion is for those of us that are not rice eaters have some couscous as alternative

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Buffet is great because the taste is all there but not the heat. My stomach can not longer handle that. I never walk away from this place with that burning feeling but the memory of the taste lingers in the mouth. I have to go back at least once a month to get my fix.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Indian food was excellent. They were friendly but a little understaffed so the service was slow. If you are not in a hurry it is worth waiting for. I like hot food and ordered medium spicy. It was hot! Even my friends who ordered mild thought their food was hot. Can't imagine how hot it would be if you ordered hot! The restaurant is small and the owner was there I think.