“Wow! Wonderful surprise! Great for Foodies/Gourmands & Lovers of Ethnic Fragrant/Rich Goodness!”

Sangam Indian Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in Cornelius
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2011

My wife and I used to live near Cary but now live out in the sticks. I was coming back from a conference in Charlotte and planned to go twenty minutes out of my way to Sangam to pick-up two nights' worth of meals/takeout. GLAD I DID. Sangam "fires on all cylinders," so to speak. I waited 15 minutes to receive my order, enjoying a glass of South African Merlot in the interim, and then drove an hour+ home. The owner and the waitstaff could not have been more hospital, friendly, and professional.

THE FOOD! I highly recommend the kashmiri chicken (!), chicken korma, lamb saag, and lamb tikka masala; BREADS: we had the kashmiri naan (wonderful!!!--sweet & unique), garlic naan (real garlic, not powdered-yay!), and paneer & onion-stuffed kulcha (wonderful), alongside raita and onion chutney. My wife and I regularly travel to Asheville to eat at Mela's and Chapel Hill to eat at Talullas. The homemade sauces/curries and breads at Sangam were of that caliber. Very *artisan*, high-end ingredients (you could taste & tell), and rich, fragrant, and oh so pleasing to those taste buds (I ordered everything "medium" spice-heat). From what I could tell, they'd put some research into their wines as well. Decor is casual-upscale, quiet cozy-romantic.

To those in Statesville, Charlotte and the Lake Norman area: Shame on you if you keep going back to those same-old-same-olds (yep, I know those places--soupy bland sauces and thawed 'package-wholesale' breads/naan) and don't give this place a shot. Sangam had two tables of diners and was doing great takeout (on a Thursday evening @5pm) while I sat there. Wife and I plan to drive back an hour for a date night soon. The reviews are spot-on. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

Yesterday, we went to Sangam for their lunch buffet — and it was fantastic as always!

The buffet includes appetizers (various vegetable pakoras with tamarind chutney), a half-dozen vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes, basmati rice, naan, tandoori chicken, a salad and condiment bar (GREAT raita) and pudding for dessert. At under $8, it's a delicious, nutritious and exotic break from the mundane.

The restaurant is small and very popular, so there might be a short wait.

1  Thank GayNaturistTraveler
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Discovered Indian food here. Have never had a bad dish. The place is great.

Reviewed February 27, 2010

Good Food. Couteous Staff. The chairs should be more comfortable. They should have 4-5 sofa seats instead of Chairs and tables. The space seems too cramped.
But food is good and good for spending time with group of 4-5 people.

Reviewed November 15, 2009

I have been to Sangam Indian for both lunch when they offer their buffet and also for dinner and ordered off the regular menu. The buffet at lunch is only $10 a person. It is a great way to try different Indian dishes before ordering a whole plate. The dinner menu is also very affordable with perfect portion size. The service is always excellent whether there for lunch buffet or for dinner.