“Down home cooking” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cookhouse
Ranked #24 of 108 Restaurants in Cornelius
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
“Down home cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've been here multiple times for breakfast. You'll get plenty to eat. The atmosphere is nothing spectacular but it's clean and has plenty of seating. The staff are all very friendly. Good, down home cooking and it always tastes good. Can't go wrong if you're looking for a good breakfast without all the bells and whistles.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“Dirty, Terrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I am not sure how this restaurant is ranked at #22??? I went 2 times, and both times we had the worst food! If I owned it, I would not send food like that out to any one! Terrible and very dirty.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Iveybell
Brooklyn, New York
“Breakfast was great and reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We went there hearing it was a good place for breakfast, what we heard was right. Very good food, plenty of it, for a very reasonable price. Wait staff were very helpful and courteous.
Why go to a fast food place when this is actually cheaper.
Without a doubt, we would go back.

Visited January 2014
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Always great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have always loved this restaurant because its a true mom&pops kind of place with home made food. I usually go about once a week for breakfast with my husband (my favorites are the cinnamon French toast and spinach, feta cheese omelette) and I've been there several times for dinner, too. About two weeks ago I called to place a to go order and mentioned it was for my mother in law who was in the hospital. When I arrived the hostess (a young lady, long black hair and very pretty) gave me a big container of chicken noodle soup, crackers and warm, moist corn bread for my mom "on the house" (meaning no charge). It was truly such a sweet and kind gesture! Needless to say, the soup was delicious- my mother in law got out of the hospital 3 days later and the first place she wanted to stop in at was there for some comforting, delicious lunch!

• Visited December 2013
Woodstock, Georgia
“Disappointed - would never return”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Traveling through the area and this restaurant was recommended for a basic breakfast.

I ordered eggs over easy w/ meat special (bacon, eggs, sausage). How can you mess that up?

Eggs were fine, but the meat was very scary. I did eat the one thin piece of bacon and tried the sausage. It was one patty that was tasteless, dry and hard on the edges. The 3 very thin slices of what I think was ham were very scary looking - dry, hard on edges. I didn't even bother saving for my dog.

Barely saw the waitress - took my order, put food down, gave me a check. I did see her being friendly to others in the restaurant, who appeared to be her friends.

• Visited December 2013