“awful... found Roach in my food! never ever eat there!”
Review of Cookhouse

Cookhouse
Ranked #20 of 108 Restaurants in Cornelius
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awful... found Roach in my food! never ever eat there!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

sat down for a quick dinner.. server really didn't know much about anything on the menu. asked for sweet tea... was brought a coke. I didn't even bother to correct her. when my food eventually came... it was like old cafeteria food. needless to say I was starving and when cutting up my food I noticed this burnt looking piece in the mix... upon further look it was a dead Roach. a Roach. I have never been more disgusted. will never ever step foot in there again. plus the place had flies all in the windows and buzzing around.

• Visited December 2013

Cornelius, North Carolina
“True Southern Food”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stopped in yesterday after work for dinner with my husband and 2 kids....LOVED it!!! I had the fried flounder & calabash shrimp combo & my husband had steak tips with Mac & Cheese (soooo good) and we both really liked the soup - Vegetable and it was creamy not oily or watered down like a lot of places. It was full of fresh veggies & beans. My son really liked the banana pudding which came with his meal. Our waitress was friendly and the hostess was nice and recommended some of her favorites which we are definitely going to come back and try!

• Visited December 2013
Halton Hills, Canada
“Wonderful Waitress (Margaret, I think)”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

What a great place to eat! The food was a terrific value for the dollar and the waitress was very pleasant. We really enjoyed our meal which was more than adequate. The vegetable soup was especially delicious.

Visited November 2013
lake oswego oregon
“wonderful soup”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

stopped by the cookhouse on a recommendation and it was good. The vegetable soup was fantastic! I ordered the fried chicken which was good but was hoping for more spice. the salad could use more veggies. Should we find ourselves in Cornelius again I would go to this eatery again if for nothing but the soup.

• Visited November 2013
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Real Southern Food and More,”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I love going here because they have real southern food like country style steak, chicken n dumplings, black eye peas, mac n cheese and so much more! But, they also have more traditional foods which is also great since my two young boys like pancakes, burgers, wraps etc.... Also my wife loves that she can get breakfast anytime. We usually go about once a week and have never been disappointed in the past 4 years! Great little place in Cornelius!

• Visited October 2013