“Food is good, but a little expensive”
Review of Matt's Chicago Dog

Matt's Chicago Dog
Ranked #27 of 108 Restaurants in Cornelius
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Food is good, but a little expensive”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Matt's is an OK place to stop and get some food that is just above fast food. I had the Chicago beef sandwich which was fine. They have your standard bar and grill menu of burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, etc. You order at the counter and then they bring your order to your table. Drinks are self-serve. The restaurant was very clean and the staff was friendly. My problem with Matt's is that is is pretty expensive for the food you get. It cost our family of four over $35.00 to eat. For that price, we could have ate at a full-service restaurant. There is nothing wrong with Matt's, it just doesn't feel like a good value for your $$.

• Visited September 2013

Pinehurst, North Carolina
“A magnificent Italian Beef sandwich. Feel like I'm at Portillo's!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I am so happy to have found Matt's. the food is just like eating at Portillo's in Chicago (minus the snow). Very nice people here and spotlessly clean. Will be back many times.

• Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I am so glad I found this place”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am back in the area, after living in Greenville, SC for the last three years. I never spent any time in Cornelius, besides to drive through on I-77. I noticed Matt's as I was taking the side roads home one night, and finally had the chance to stop in. Food is fresh, and served hot. Staff was great and the prices are very friendly to the wallet. I will be a return customer with plans to make Matt's a normal routine.

• Visited July 2013
Cornelius, North Carolina
“All American.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love Hot dogs and these were great. Quite a wait so don't go if you are in a hurry but the hotdogs are great.

“Excellent food - great service”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This restaurant is delicious - from their hot dogs and hamburgers to some of the best salads I have ever had! Something for everyone - and friendly service as well!

• Visited January 2013