“As good as the Paradise Pup in Chicagoland”
Review of Matt's Chicago Dog

Matt's Chicago Dog
Ranked #15 of 117 Restaurants in Cornelius
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I figure that if you can get authentic ingredients, you can produce authentic dishes anywhere, and apparently here they do. This place was within an easy walk from my hotel, and I wanted food I couldn't get at home.(TLH). Upon my arrival I found a simple ,(and clean), indoor stand with a menu that varied in dogs , burgers and specialty sandwhiches such as the Italian Beef.
The first 2 items on the 'dog menu were the Chicago Dog (see below) and the " Carolina Dog" (ditto). I cannot get either in my hometown of TLH. Since I'm not a big eater,(and frankly am burned out on FF), I decided to get them one at a time, and in order. The first was the Chicago Dog which came out on a poopy seed bun , with a dog, bright green relish, tomato ,pickle. onion. and 1" "sport peppers", (just like the dog at the Paradise Pup). Since I was still hungry , I ordered the "Carolina Dog". It came out with a dog, chili. mustard , and slaw (which NOBODY puts on a dog in TLH ), on the same poppy seed bun (?). ANYWAY, those with a tea came out for dinner/supper for $10.(WAY cheaper than Mac's or the 'Rudder).

Reviewed July 8, 2012

It is always great here. I love that I can get a Chicago dog where I live that is just like I am in Chicago. The service is always great and always clean.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

I saw the reviews on Matt's and decided the stop in and get a couple of hot dogs to go. I ordered basic hot dogs with mustard ,chili and onions. The cost was 7 dollars and change. I figured they would be really super duper dogs--not just ok dogs.This is one time the food does not live up to the hype. I would prefer Hardees hot dogs over these hot dogs, especially considering the cost--

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Serving grade A Vienna Beef products out of Chicago including hot dogs, Italian beef, Italian sausage, brats, pastrami, and much more. Homemade potato chips and fries. Family owned for years. Extremely clean with flawless preparation. Have stopped many times over the years and never been disappointed.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

If you are in Cornelius, you have to ato at Matts Chicago Dog. Excellent food many choices