“Kayak rental”

Book In Advance
More Info
$45.00*
and up
Private Stand Up Paddleboarding Lesson in...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Since 2010, My Aloha Paddle and Surf has offered Standup Paddleboarding Introduction Lessons, rentals and sales. In 2012 we incorporated Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga Classes. Full moon excursions at night have also been an attraction on Lake Norman. Excellent reviews and highest level of customer service guaranteed. Come and experience the Lake like never before -Aloha! Waterfront location offering rentals, lessons, Aloha Yoga and Sunset tours.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

If you are a novice kayaker, this is the lake for you. We were given good attention, the equipment was in very good shape and the rental rates were very reasonable. Lake Norman was very calm and it was easy to navigate in and around the coves. I would not recommend going on a weekend if you are a beginner. Unfortunately, we did not see much in the way of wildlife. Perhaps our threesome seemed like we knew what we were doing, but no one gave us any "how to " info or lessons, or asked us about our experience level. They were very clear about how to stay way from the boat lanes, however.

Date of experience: June 2016
in 26 reviews
"mitch"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed June 26, 2016

We had a 1-1/2 hour paddle board lesson on Lake Norman. Mitch was our instructor. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The. booking was easy, the staff are friendly, and Mitch is a patient instructor and also very pleasant. We plan to return and take advantage of their other activities.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed May 1, 2016

My husband, daughter and her boyfriend took a class with the Cornelius Parks and Rec Dept. We arrived a wee bit early to get all the paperwork done. Rob, the owner helped us and was very friendly and cordial. Blanca was the instructor and she was super! Patient, encouraging and always positive, she's a plus for the sport--we had a super time. We already are talking about coming back for more fun on the water!

Reviewed April 30, 2016

Great morning! My husband and I just moved to the Lake Norman area and I had been wanting to try paddleboarding. We went to My Aloha for a lesson and Blanca was our instructor.

She was so warm, welcoming, kind, patient, and very knowledgeable. In fact, everyone we met at My Aloha was very nice and laid back. (Exactly why we moved here!)

A huge thank you to everyone at My Aloha! It was a great morning! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!