“Great environment to try paddleboarding”

Aloha Paddle Sports
Book In Advance
More Info
$45.00*
and up
Private Stand Up Paddleboarding Lesson in...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Since 2010, My Aloha Paddle and Surf has offered Standup Paddleboarding Introduction Lessons, rentals and sales. In 2012 we incorporated Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga Classes. Full moon excursions at night have also been an attraction on Lake Norman. Excellent reviews and highest level of customer service guaranteed. Come and experience the Lake like never before -Aloha! Waterfront location offering rentals, lessons, Aloha Yoga and Sunset tours.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 31, 2015 via mobile

I'm not especially athletic or strong but wanted to try paddleboarding and this was a great way to do it. Addison and Matt were helpful and supportive and created an easy, no-pressure atmosphere. I got simple instruction, lots of practice, and lots of smiles and laughter. And I felt I got my money's worth with almost all of the 90-minute lesson in the water. I will recommend this to my friends. Had a great time!

All reviews
in 26 reviews
"mitch"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed July 29, 2015 via mobile

My Aloha was great. My 11 yo grandson and I rented kayaks the first day. The kayaks were in good condition and the manager was very accommodating. Lake norman is easy to kayak on.
The next day there were 4 of us on paddle boards. All 1st timers. Addison, our instructor, was very helpful and patient. He made us all feel very comfortable
I would definitely recommend My Aloha.

Reviewed July 26, 2015

My 8 year old grandson and I (68 years old) took a paddleboard lesson together with Matt, fun!! And we both learned how to paddleboard!

1  Thank VICKIEJORDAN
Reviewed July 25, 2015

A friend had gotten me a gift certificate to My Aloha after we paddleboarded together on the Mobile Bay. I scheduled a private lesson with Bekka to get a more informative lesson on technique and also to learn some extra stuff to impress the friend later this summer. Bekka covered everything from paddle length, stroke to what type of board is used for what and why. I learned 3 advance turns plus one I need to work on. The conversation flowed easily and since she gathered I was into fitness she threw in some tips to use to get a more cardio workout. The morning was beautiful and this was truly a great way to see the beauty of Lake Norman!

1  Thank Jennifer L