“Very good, but I've had better for the price.”
Review of Sushi At The Lake - CLOSED

Sushi At The Lake
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Catawba Ave.
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Good sushi, and great service, but not the most competitive pricing. It's convienent to town locally...

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I have eaten at Sushi At The Lake a few times over the past few years and have enjoyed it every time. They have a good selection of sushi rolls to choose from, and even offer half rolls on certain items. This appealed greatly to me as I like to order many different rolls to try in one meal. The drink specials were also greatly appreciated because many times when I go out to eat for lunch I restrict myself to water to save money. Overall I enjoyed Sushi At The Lake and would recomend it to anyone craving decent priced sushi in the Lake Norman area.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife and I have four kids -- and our oldest who's a student at Davidson loves sushi. When I pitched this restaurant, there were groans from my four family members who dislike sushi. Nonetheless, we poked our heads in the restaurant to see if we could please everyone. We saw that on the menu were Hibachi steak and chicken dishes.

Well, my son and I had a great meal. Our server was terrific. Very friendly and constantly attending to our table. And the best surprise was that the four sushi haters found that the Hibachi steak and chicken dishes were terrific. The plates came with fried rice (like the Chinese they love) and grilled vegetables.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that my teenage kids loved the music. And it was Halloween weekend, and all the servers were in costume.

This is a special, terrific restaurant. It is not for popping the question, but a great family or a great date evening.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

We had an early dinner here -- arrived just before 6PM. We were seated in a booth at the back of the restaurant -- a quiet location even though there's an open doorway into the kitchen.

The sushi menu is quite extensive -- and their regular menu covers lots of other things too, like Hibachi Filet Mignon. My wife loved it, particularly since they let her order a children's plate -- that's right -- of filet mignon! Perfect size for her appetite. I ordered a couple of basic maki rolls which were good, solid, textbook sushi -- just the way I like it!

More of a rock-n-roll bar vibe -- plenty of creative alcohol choices -- I'm sure it gets lively as the evening progresses.

2  Thank NCWorldTraveler704
Reviewed August 29, 2011

It is hard to believe this restaurant doesn't have more reviews. It is tucked out of the way but worth looking for if you like sushi. The staff is great. The owner is always there in the kitchen and they take pride in their sushi. Took the teenage grandchilden when they were visiting and the really enjoyed it. Of course they are multi-cultured diners but everything is fresh and made just for you.