“Great for families”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Raleigh, NC
“Great for families”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is a typical Japanese style stir fry restaurant where patrons sit surrounding the chef, who is entertaining, especially for kids. Food is not inspiring, but you have your choice of meats, veggies and stir fried rice, all prepared in front of you with much fanfare.

Visited December 2013

Gloucester
“Not worth it!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Started out good. We placed our orders and the chef was entertaining and had us laughing. When the food was placed on our plates we noticed that my sons order was wrong. The chef had placed the shrimp on his plate instead of the pineapple chicken that he had ordered. The chef acknowledged his mistake, apologized and asked my son if he liked the shrimp. My 14 year old said yeah it's good. the chef then asked if he still wanted the pineapple chicken. My son said yes please and he therefore corrected the order and brought him the chicken. At the end of the night the waitress brought us the bill and informed us that the chef had told them that my son liked the shrimp so we would be charged accordingly for that. When I told the waitress that this was unacceptable all things went dark. We walked out of the restaurant to having a group of waitstaff laughing at us for complaining. Wow this was beyond bad training for staff! We as a group spent almost $300 and none of us will ever be back. Simple customer service would have made all the difference.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank ClarkeVic
Huntersville
“About as Japanese as McDonalds”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I went to this restaurant on a coupon by Restaurants.com. I can now see why they list with this company. Let me say the location is next to a car dealer and very hard to find. The decor is pretty worn out and the "chef" we had was neither Japanese or very excited about his job. Two things that really rate this "restaurant" low was the quality of their food, especially their steak. Their Filet Mignon did not taste like one at all and their New York Strip was tough. The worst part was to watch the cleaning woman with mops and spray bottles cleaning as you ate. The prices were not that high but I would avoid this place.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Latta
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“First time at a Japanese Steakhouse”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

That was the first time that we have eaten at a Japanese Steakhouse where they cook it in front of you, and that was fun. I got the chicken and shrimp and the shrimp was pretty good but the chicken was lack luster. The fried rice was great and so was the veggies I didn't care for the pasta but hubby loved it...Hubby got the Filet and he said it was the best he has ever had anywhere ($24.95). The sweet tea was one of the best I've had (and I had 5 refills!). They use LOTS of butter, which I'm not opposed to other than I try and be dairy free, and I have a problem asking for people to go out of their way for me. The best deal about this place is if you go to restaurants.com you can buy a coupon for $25 off a $50 purchase (we paid $3 for ours). OMG there was SO MUCH FOOD! I brought half of mine home and it warmed up nicely. Chef puts on a great show. The others at our table where 2 adults with 4 children and they seemed to enjoy the show too. It was the little girls birthday and they come and sing and bang on a symbol thing for her. It was the place she picked to eat too. Really my only complaint was it was FREEZING, but we got there fairly early and once they start firing up the griddles I'm sure it warms up pretty quick.

• Visited May 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great taste but tons of msg”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had a real nice time with the atmosphere and all. The food tasted great but i was sick as a dog from the amount of MSG they used in the food... i just dont know why they have to use so much. It was a good value and good for the family.

Visited May 2013