“Not coming back”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
“Not coming back”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Terrible experience. From the time we were seated it was a full hour until a chef was at our table; two tables seated after us who ordered after us had a chef before us and when we reported this there was eye rolling. The manager came to the table and giggled but did not once apologize. There were other issues that I won't detail as it won't relate to every visit. The meat was good, veggies good. We had not come here for a year due to poor service on a previous occasion. Today sealed the deal. We will never be back.

1 Thank Stacyann617

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Still the best after all these years!”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Kobe in Hickory was my first taste of Japanese steakhouse style more than 20 years ago, and I was wowed by the experience. Kobe in Cornelius continues that, with the addition of sushi and also a bit more upscale surroundings.
The filet mignon is butter tender, the shrimp appetizer is sweet, but OH the carrots!! These carrots are so sweet & tender they almost taste like dessert. The house made shrimp sauce for topping your rice, meats, or salad is still as yummy as ever. We visited on a weekend night with a large family group, and we were seated quickly, and served promptly. Not an inexpensive meal, but worth the time & cost for a great dinner!

• Visited March 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Horrible and unsanitary”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I ate here for the first time because everyone said it was so good. The service sucked, the hostess doesn't know what she was doing and I was constantly answered by a girl working the sushi bar because the hostess didn't have answers for anything.nthen after waiting for An hour for only two people because they cannot keep track of who is waiting or not, I got to the table and waited another 45 minutes to be cooked for. The chef was really nice and entertaining, but when I was done with my food, and walking out, there was a cockroach on the floor! I was so digusted but the manager was just a jerk. Some people just shouldn't own restaurants. Disgusting. The chef and the sushi bar girl are the only people who even tried to keep us entertained

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Katrina R
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing sushi and sake! Great place for a date or business meeting.”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Every fall my company has a dinner at Kobe, and we have always enjoyed ourselves. The food is delicious, the sushi selection is great, and the sake was hot! Or cold depending on what you like. ;) Prices reflect the quality at this restaurant, so if you are looking for value maybe go for lunch instead of dinner. Overall I would recomend this restaurant to any sushi lover.

• Visited November 2011
“Kobe the best place for good food”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Went to Kobe for small birthday party. Excellent service. Our cook really put on a great show and the food was prepared perfectly. Highly recommend for future meal