“Very good food & service”
Review of Harvey's - CLOSED

Harvey's
Cuisines: American
“Very good food & service”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very good service and food. Kid friendly, even though it is a sports bar. It was loud when we were there but the dining area is large enough to sit away from the immediate noise in the bar area. Well worth a visit when in town.

• Visited March 2013

Castle Rock, Colorado
“Good Food, not much atmosphere”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've been to Harvey's several times and sat at the bar. The food is pretty good and reasonable. The wait staff friendly and accommodating. This is basically a sportsbar, so there isn't much atmosphere. Bar, tables, chairs, TV's. It has a feeling of a local's place despite being near a couple of the area's hotels. The bartender always introducers herself and I always get good service. The prices are fair and the food is good. It is worth a try if you are in the area. Hopefully they will do some decorating In the future!!

Visited March 2013
Huntersville, North Carolina
“great place”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Nice addition to options in Cornelius. Only issue is that it's a bit noisy when crowded but food, service and price are excellent! Try the pork tacos.

• Visited January 2013
Lake Norman, North Carolina
“Slightly above average...”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I gave them the benefit of the doubt, I think the food is better than average but, wouldn't say quite very good, I would say its Good. We've tried several different things, the wings were real good, everything else slightly above average. My wife and I have eaten from there 2x's we would go back but, we aren't in a rush to go back with so many other places to try.

• Visited December 2012
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Lunch on a Sunday in December”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been to this establishment several times at night for drinks only. I thought I would give the food a try. I took a date here for lunch on a Sunday to watch football and have a burger. The place was pretty much dead other than a big party of 20. I got a swiss mushroom burger and mashed potatoes, my date got a honey mustard burger and fries. We were told the honey mustard was out of this world but we could neither taste honey or mustard. I ordered my burger well done. She ordered medium. The order took forever (which was OK for conversation purposes and to put this time in perspective, I had 3 Miller Lites and drank them slowly so... about 25 minutes). When it came out my mashed potatoes were cold. One bite and I knew the burger was completely burnt on the outside but didn't say anything because I didn't want to complain in front of my date. I was also disappointed in the size of the patty. When I pay $9 for a burger plate, the first thought should not be, "I would have got a bigger burger at McDonalds across the road." When I asked my date why she didn't finish her burger, same thing. It was burnt on the outside and medium on the inside and she was trying to get through it too without complaining. When the waitress asked my date if something was wrong with the burger when picking up the plates, she wouldn't say anything. I told her specifically why and by looking at the burger, it was obvious. She simply replied, "Oh" and took our plates away. I have never expected to be given food for free but if a manager would have at least came out and apologized, that would have been cool. Some customer's penalize the waitress and leave no tip but that way I look at it, giving an honest review on the Internet keeps these places in check.

• Visited December 2012
Charlie D, Owner at Harvey's, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
To TripAdvisor user: Thank you for coming in to see us at Harvey's. I can't tell you how tough it was to read that response. I'll go over a couple things, but I do have to tell you that the one thing I can always count on at Harvey's is our food. I don't know how we didn't put out burgers the best burger on Sunday in this area. Two of the biggest responses we have gotten up here have been how great our burgers are and especially with the Honey mustard which we have been making for literally 15 years now. We are actually trying to come up with a way to bottle it because we sell so much of it. Have people ask to buy it very often. I have checked the product to make sure that we didn't miss something in prep. With the burger size, you won't find a burger patty off this exit bigger than ours. I know this because we purchase the patties with knowledge of the sizes around us. Now the fact that my kitchen over cooked them could have shrunk the patty if it was that bad, which really dissappoints me. As I said, the only bad critique we have gotten has been on the atmoshpere of the building when its empty in here it feels like a warehouse. ( I would agree as well ) I would love the opportunity to make this up to you or for you to try it again. Please ask for me when you are here. I really do appreciate the business but I want to make sure you are getting the best burger, sauce and sides everytime you come in.

We have always been known for the quality of food we put out, not for the drinks. I want to keep it that way. Please feel free to email or call me anytime at harveys.cornelius@gmail.com or 704-892-1001. Thanks again for your support and I hope we get another shot at impressing you.

Respectfully,