“great place”
Review of Harvey's - CLOSED

Harvey's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Nice addition to options in Cornelius. Only issue is that it's a bit noisy when crowded but food, service and price are excellent! Try the pork tacos.

There are newer reviews for Harvey's

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I gave them the benefit of the doubt, I think the food is better than average but, wouldn't say quite very good, I would say its Good. We've tried several different things, the wings were real good, everything else slightly above average. My wife and I have eaten from there 2x's we would go back but, we aren't in a rush to go back with so many other places to try.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been to this establishment several times at night for drinks only. I thought I would give the food a try. I took a date here for lunch on a Sunday to watch football and have a burger. The place was pretty much dead other than a big party of 20. I got a swiss mushroom burger and mashed potatoes, my date got a honey mustard burger and fries. We were told the honey mustard was out of this world but we could neither taste honey or mustard. I ordered my burger well done. She ordered medium. The order took forever (which was OK for conversation purposes and to put this time in perspective, I had 3 Miller Lites and drank them slowly so... about 25 minutes). When it came out my mashed potatoes were cold. One bite and I knew the burger was completely burnt on the outside but didn't say anything because I didn't want to complain in front of my date. I was also disappointed in the size of the patty. When I pay $9 for a burger plate, the first thought should not be, "I would have got a bigger burger at McDonalds across the road." When I asked my date why she didn't finish her burger, same thing. It was burnt on the outside and medium on the inside and she was trying to get through it too without complaining. When the waitress asked my date if something was wrong with the burger when picking up the plates, she wouldn't say anything. I told her specifically why and by looking at the burger, it was obvious. She simply replied, "Oh" and took our plates away. I have never expected to be given food for free but if a manager would have at least came out and apologized, that would have been cool. Some customer's penalize the waitress and leave no tip but that way I look at it, giving an honest review on the Internet keeps these places in check.

Charlie D, Owner at Harvey's, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

To TripAdvisor user: Thank you for coming in to see us at Harvey's. I can't tell you how tough it was to read that response. I'll go over a couple things, but I do have to tell you that the one thing I can always count on at Harvey's is our food. I don't know how we didn't put out burgers the best burger on Sunday in this area. Two of the biggest responses we have gotten up here have been how great our burgers are and especially with the Honey mustard which we have been making for literally 15 years now. We are actually trying to come up with a way to bottle it because we sell so much of it. Have people ask to buy it very often. I have checked the product to make sure that we didn't miss something in prep. With the burger size, you won't find a burger patty off this exit bigger than ours. I know this because we purchase the patties with knowledge of the sizes around us. Now the fact that my kitchen over cooked them could have shrunk the patty if it was that bad, which really dissappoints me. As I said, the only bad critique we have gotten has been on the atmoshpere of the building when its empty in here it feels like a warehouse. ( I would agree as well ) I would love the opportunity to make this up to you or for you to try it again. Please ask for me when you are here. I really do appreciate the business but I want to make sure you are getting the best burger, sauce and sides everytime you come in.

We have always been known for the quality of food we put out, not for the drinks. I want to keep it that way. Please feel free to email or call me anytime at harveys.cornelius@gmail.com or 704-892-1001. Thanks again for your support and I hope we get another shot at impressing you.

Respectfully,

Charlie Dyer

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Something for everyone on the menu. Patio seating so dog friendly too. Went for lunch and all 4 of us enjoyed our mesla

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

It's clean and modern-not overly decorated. The menu is diverse and I'm stuck on the buffalo chicken wrap. The service is polite and prompt. During lunch it's quiet enough to conduct business or have conversation .
I think it's a winner.

1  Thank Rae01
Charlie D, Owner at Harvey's, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thanks for the great review!! Thank you from all my staff, Luke and myself for helping make Harvey's the go to place for families and friends in Cornelius and Lake Norman Area!
Charlie