“Had some outstanding seafood at Choplin's Restaurant in Cornelius, NC tonight!”
Review of Choplin's

Choplin's
Reserve with OpenTable
Choplin's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 112 Restaurants in Cornelius
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: When you are in the Lake Norman area near Charlotte,NC you must pay a visit to Choplin's Restaurant in Cornelius. The wide variety of southern style dishes created by Chef Choplin utilizing beef, chicken, fish and other fresh seafood is delicious and extremely satisfying to enjoy with your loved ones and friends. Each evening there are special meals available that will keep you coming back time and again to taste what Chef Wes has created.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I had another great meal at our favorite restaurant in the Lake Norman area. I had a blackened Cajun catfish meal and my wife had a lump crabmeat dish. Our meal was topped of with an outstanding piece of caramel cake with a delicious cup of coffee. Everything was outstanding! Our server Elizabeth was awesome and Chef Wes even came out to visit with us for a few minutes. What a wonderful, friendly restaurant to spend a romantic evening with my beautiful wife of 22 years! Thanks Choplin's. You are the best!

1  Thank Joe - Angela G
There are newer reviews for Choplin's

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Talked into meeting here for breakfast with a neighborhood friend.
Unless travelling, I rarely eat breakfast out. Was served the precise reasons
why. (Slowly and without commitment, I might add. By 'commitment' I mean
personality.) Unappetizing looking plate of undercooked food. Cannot, for the life
of me, eat limp chewy bacon. Could not eat the grits - needed a spoon and a bowl.
Anyone that cannot cook grits in the south should not be serving breakfast.....(That's
my opinion and I'm sticking to it!) Come on.....a little salt, a little pepper at least.
There're are many other ways to make grits edible, interesting and delicious.
Usually have 3 cups of strong hot coffee with breakfast - should have brought my own.
Was served tepid swamp water.
Had nothing to wash down my frozen biscuit.
Might try eating here one evening. Have read some great reviews on here about dinner.
I'll think about it. Don't usually drink coffee or have biscuits with dinner....................

choplinsrestaurant, Owner at Choplin's, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

This review is not of my restaurant. I do not serve breakfast, if I did I sure would serve the best grits in town....please remove trip advisor!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Preparing for a business trip to the Charlotte area last week, I researched local restaurants on Tripadvisor and found Choplin's. I recommended to my boss, with whom I was travelling, that we have dinner here, and we were both blown away! At first, from the outside of the building, we wondered if this could possibly be the restaurant about which I had read such good reviews. It's a storefront in a plain-Jane strip center. However, on the inside, the place is nicely decorated and comfortable, but the star of the show is the food. As starters, we ordered two different "half salads" that were in themselves exceptional. The obviously chef-created dressings were superb and yet applied sparingly enough to preserve the freshness and flavor of the greens and other vegetables. And then the meal! We both ordered the 12-OZ Veal Chop (bone-in by the way). Neither of us thought we had ever had a veal chop in the same league as the ones we were served at Choplin's, and we both eat out at fine restaurants a lot. In fact, he and I both thought that this was one of the best meat dishes ever, including filet mignons or racks-of-lamb we've had at restaurants where we paid $45 or more, just for the main course. The side accompaniments were superb as well: scalloped potatoes that were almost like a casserole and served underneath the veal chops, along with wilted greens and caramelized onions! I was tempted to lick my plate, and I actually did pick up the bone from my veal chop and gnawed on it like a dog. So did my boss! I think we may have growled at people that walked by too close to our table. Before I forget, the service was wonderful as well. The chef/owner came to our table after we had eaten, and I told him how wonderful I thought this meal was and promised him that I was going to write this review. Choplin's deserves it! One of the best restaurant experiences I've had anywhere!

2  Thank David G

Reviewed March 27, 2014

looking at the outside of choplins would keep you expectations lower than a high end place. Once inside the waitress described what seems to be a list of spectacular specials prepared by the Chef. Our meal was delicious. I sampled off of my friends plates.. I was more than impressed. This is a great place to eat.

1  Thank Todd H
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Visited Choplins for dinner on a Saturday night. Truly wonderful server. We enjoyed a nice bottle of wine and our food was thoughtfully prepared and delicious. I had the "sweet onion" soup. It was the perfect French Onion Soup I remember from the 80's! It was terrific! The dinner rolls they brought were fresh, warm and yummy! We shared a salad and a bow tie pasta dish. Both were wonderful. It was nice to have non-chain food that seemed homemade and comforting! We will go back next time with our 9 year old. He will love it! My only complaint is the decor. It is too dark for me, but still very tidy and cared for. Updated draperies would help a lot! Overall a great find in Cornelius. We will go back for sure!

1  Thank jgptravels