“Wonderful family Brunch/ Birthday celebration”

Alton's Kitchen & Cocktails
Ranked #5 of 112 Restaurants in Cornelius
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My 3 generation family of 8 had a delightful brunch ( to celebrate my birthday) yesterday. We arrived at 11 AM and were quickly seated at a round table in a quiet part of the rear dining room. The Brunch menu was rather elaborate with lots of yummy choices...definitely not for calorie counters..but perfect for a splurge. Our choices ran the gamut from Baked French Toadt with pecans ( to die for) to several eggs be edict choices including one with delicious crab meat, shrimp and grits,Chicken and Waffles, and more. Needless to say, we did a lot of sharing, eating, talking and laughing. Service was excellent with never ending coffee refills and prices are reasonable. At the end of the meal, the wait staff brought out two Oreo ice cream desserts for the 2 of us celebrating birthdays! Delicious and shared!

The dining room was charming and, although filling up as our meal progressed, never noisy! We will definitely be back.

There are newer reviews for Alton's Kitchen & Cocktails

Reviewed October 10, 2013

A lovely restaurant, unrushed, comfortable, attentive waitstaff. Moderate prices, ample servings. A bit out-of-the-way but findable. When we went the weekend of Davidson College graduation. I recommend another weekend/weekday.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is the second time I've eaten at Alton's, the first time for lunch, this time for dinner. Both times the cocktails were great, the food outstanding. The service was very good each time, but back to the food...the menu is modest, but the choices include several poultry, beef, pork, and seafood selections. The sides are fresh, nicely seasoned, and perfectly portioned. Dessert choices were limited but the fruit cobbler with vanilla ice cream was to die for! The ambience is low-key, and a little dark as it gets towards evening, but that made it somewhat romantic! Prices were good as well (dinner and dessert for two and one cocktail ran about $70 with tip.)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

....when Alton's stopped their amazing whole lobster dinner so decided to try brunch. OMGoodness, the baked french toast is unbelievable - pure genius on the Chef's part!! My husband always gets the prime rib dip and it has never disappointed, he just loves their almost shoestring type fries. Love, love, love Alton's for brunch - Saturday or Sunday...

Reviewed July 22, 2013

When you step into the restaurant, it has a positive feel. It is very attractive and the layout is excellent. My wife and I visited this location early on a Sunday afternoon. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We decide to order from the three course selections for July restaurant week. For the first course, I selected the prime rib stuffed mushrooms. This was an excellent choice. This may be the best stuffed mushrooms I have had. My wife had the jumbo shrimp cocktail. The shrimp were excellent. They were large and firm as they should be. I ordered the Filet mignon with the twice baked potato. The steak was prepared as I had asked. The steak was very tender and an excellent cut of meat. My wife ordered the salmon with rice. She was very pleased with her selection. The rice was quiet different than what is normally provided. For desert, I had the breaded pudding and my wife had the balsamic berries with cream. Both deserts were very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant. I would suggest reservations if dinning on Friday or Saturday night.