“Excellent Staff, Excellent Hotel, Super Value”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cornelius/Lake Norman
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius
Reviewed July 25, 2009

My wife and I and our puppy traveled to Lake Norman to visit my parents. I had talked with the manager, Nash, when making our reservations and he was great! When we arrived, the room was better than expected and the continental breakfast was simply amazing! Many, many choices and all fresh and appealing in their presentation. Throughout our stay we were asked if everything was OK and if the hotel was meeting our expectations. The housekeeping staff was fantastic, and always had a smile and a greeting for us each time we saw them. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying near Charlotte and Lake Norman.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 23, 2009

I stayed at the Microtel Inn, Cornelius, NC for 4 nights. The staff was friendly, free continental breakfast, and right off Hwy 77 near lots of stores/restaurants is a nice combination. This is not a fancy hotel, rather a good, basic place for $54.99 a night. It was safe, clean and a good value. My only minor complaint washearing some noise from nearby rooms, not rowdy kids just a loud TV. I would request a room with no one near me next time if possible but it was a minor annoyance. I would stay there again if I needed to stay in that area.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2009

This hotel was right off the interstate. Good room for the price. I got it for 45.00 a night with a coupon from the rest area right before the hotel. Otherwise same room for 59.00 for 1 night. room was a little small, but wasn't there very long so it didn;t other me. Bed was king and suited my husband and I. Breakfast was cereal and bagels and eggos, Very good and tasty for our stay. Started our day off right the next day. Would recommend to anyone traveling as a couple. The room we had would have been a little tight with any children. Good for the two of us. Staff was very courteous and helpful

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We stayed 2 nights at the Microtel Inn to attend our friend's son's graduation. We thought we were going to need a larger room for the graduate to sleep and the general manager, Nash Patel, told us he could change one of our rooms to accommodate a rollaway bed for my friend's son. As it turned out, her son stayed on campus the last night before graduation. For the graduation, we were hoping to attend it and be back before check out time. Nash went on line and got the graduation schedule for us and told us not to worry that we could check out after the graduation, which was going to be after the usual check out time. Nash was a wonderful host and they also provided a continental breakfast with so many items to choose from. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this Microtel Inn to all our friends & relatives. Thanks, Nash!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2009

We stayed in this Microtel when it was first built, maybe around 2000, and our experience was very good, so we did not even hesitate when we reserved here to break up our trip back home to Ohio from Florida (just a place to sleep for a night). What a mistake (although when I read the reviews here now, it sounds like some folks have had okay experiences). I don't know if it was just our room or what, but the room smelled bad, and there were stains on the window seat and the carpet. The entrance to the hotel was a mudhole (and it was not raining), and the grounds just looked unkempt. We had a guaranteed reservation, or we would have kept going after going to the front door, not even getting to the dirty room. The young man at the front desk was very nice and professional, but that is the only positive thing we can say about our experience. The room was so dirty that we did not even consider looking at the breakfast, so I cannot comment on that. Never again!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marsma90
Reviewed May 2, 2009

I stayed here during the pinks all out and the hotel was awesome. The have the best Continental Breakfast. Most hotel make you pay but not this one. I have stayed at a lot of hotels and this one is the best. The staff that works there, they are so nice and willing to work with you on all your needs. The hotel is very clean. It is a place that i would bring my kids cause i feel safe here. The staff gets to know you and when they see you they call you by name. I just don't know what else i can say. I just hate to leave.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2009

As the name implies: small motel, but everything necessary available. Rooms equipped with major appliances. Close to I77, restaurants and businesses. Great breakfast. Very good rates. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelius
Clarion Inn Lake Norman
5 mi away
Candlewood Suites Mooresville
Candlewood Suites Mooresville
#3 of 14 in Mooresville

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cornelius/Lake Norman? Share your experiences!