Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cornelius/Lake Norman
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We booked on-line from Florida about ten days before we planned our stay. Within two hours of booking we realized we needed to change to a location further south and tried to switch our reservation. They refused. Consequently after driving ten hours, we checked into the hotel. There are no coffee makers in the rooms and no hair dryers in the bathrooms. The whole place appeared worn and tired. A very disappointing experience. We definitely will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris E

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had to stay here last minute due to a glitch with the closing on my house. I was very surprised with how nice it was, I'm a marriot elite and hilton diamond and generally don't stay at budget motels but was VERY pleased--staff is VERY nice and I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Nance M
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this location on 7/5/2012. Dirty, dated, and roach infested. Rooms were not ready when I checked in at 5:30. Assigned to a room that had never been cleaned. Linens were dirty. Check other locations before staying here. I am a travel agent and would never recommend anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: Check into another hotel all together. This hotel is nothing like the photos.
Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 06-9-12 and had no problems so while in the area I stayed at this hotel on 06-15-12. When I stayed on 06-15-12 after taking a shower I spotted a bug. I called the owner to the room and he asked what type of bug it was, where is the bug as if I picked the bug up or trapped it in a glass. The owner was not helpful at all. He acted as if the bug never existed because I did not keep the bug for evidence.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for a month and, the front desk is very sweet, they have breakfast every morning they are clean, rooms are nice, room service=Good, I had a problem with one of the house keepers, she was very rude and would just barge into my room without knocking, but she no longer works here. It is safe here, we have not had a problem with anyone. Beds are comfy. The only down fall is, The rooms with one queen bed is small, so if your staying for one or two nights its perfect for a couple, but we were here so long that we got a room with 2 queen beds and its much larger but you have to pay a fee per night extra for it. But other than that, It's nice!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I'm headed to this property is it realy rhat bad?? I read one good review out of 32. Should I really look elsewhere??

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2011

This hotel is conveniently located off the highway. We paid extra for a room with two queen beds. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance. There is a sign on the hotel door which tells you to hose off your workboots, so I should have been warned. The bathroom was dingy. The room was okay, and we slept well enough, but I put a suitcase under the door handle as I did not really feel comfortable or safe. Someone let their children run up and down the corridor (3rd floor) around midnight (can only imagine what the 2nd floor patrons thought) and there was a lot of loud talking and doors banging. Because of the creepy feeling and overall condition of the hotel, I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: My tip for finding a good room is go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornelius
Clarion Inn Lake Norman
5 mi away
Candlewood Suites Mooresville
Candlewood Suites Mooresville
#4 of 14 in Mooresville

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cornelius/Lake Norman? Share your experiences!