“Great Ribs”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Great Ribs! The Red Sauce is wonderful. You can buy a bottle to take home! Not NC Style BBQ, but good Q nonetheless.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

A great place for all types of people. We saw families, young professionals, college kids, and older folks all on a Friday night. The food was great and they have tons of beer both on tap and in bottles. The ribs were great and so was the sandwich. The Brunswick Stew was average but the Mac and Cheese was great. If I lived in Charlotte this is a place that I would go on a regular basis - both for the food and just to hang out.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Mac's always has tasty food if you like barbecue, which I do! The service is good and Mac's is usually packed with people. Mac's has an extensive beer menu and often has great drink specials too. It's a fun place to go for bar trivia as well. My boyfriend loves the Brunswick stew and the chili is great! I tend to bring visitors to Mac's for a taste of Southern barbecue and they always enjoy the experience!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stopped by for lunch today. Service was really good, but the food was at best average. The pork BBQ sandwich I had was really greasy (due to a lot of the fat that wasn't removed in the kitchen). The okra stew (I know I know) I had as my side dish was good. My wife had the Extravagant BLT and she said it was also good but it had way too much lettuce. Moderately priced, for two sandwiches and two drinks, we spent about $20.

We don't anticipate going back.

1  Thank trlane
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had a combo platter with ribs, brisket, pulled pork, and pulled turkey. If I did it again, I'd go for just the brisket and ribs which were both fantastic. The meat on the ribs was fall off the bone tender. I thought the pulled pork and turkey were just average. The service was excellent. I had come by from my hotel and I guess I stood out as not being a local because the waitress asked if I was traveling. I confirmed and she said they had a discount in place for people staying at the hotel next door. Very nice customer service.