“people food atmosphere”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
NJ
“people food atmosphere”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

if thos ethree things are key to you having a special night out to dinner, 131 Main is the place. The service has always been top. Our daughter worked there and has compared their training and kitchen practices to other places.. no comparison. Food is reasonable in price,. We go Tuesdays- and share a bottle of wine for half price,... which helps.

Visited November 2012

Concord, NC
“Really LOUD!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were seated about 35 minutes after our reservation time. We could not get into the bar for a drink because it was so crowded. It was Charlotte Restaurant Week, so the crowd was understandable. My wife's salmon was very good. My steak was kind of fatty. The appetizers were very good as was the strawberry shortcake. My wife complained that her brownie was not sufficiently baked. The dining room was so full that it was very hard to carry on a conversation. The wait staff was outstanding.

• Visited January 2013
davidson nc
“Always the best!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

By far the best restaurant in the Lake Norman area. Always great choices and wonderful service. Best crab cakes and the daily specials are truly special.

• Visited December 2012
Statesville, NC
“Loved it when opened, pass it by now”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Used to bring the wife here for a nice night out. When originally opened, was excellent, fun and lively. Over time though, it got very tired and the food quality slipped. We gave up going after I took my wife there for her birthday - as a couple, we were immediately sat in between two families with young children even though the place was pretty open. I asked for a move, they said not enough people on the floor - so oh well. Got a martini and first sip, got GLASS in my mouth (yes, several glass shards). Having been in the biz myself, I politely asked the bartender to make another; instead manager came over to ask what the problem was (drink, glass shards and all in his hand) - instead of just re-making, he questioned why I wouldn't drink it - I showed him the glass (after he insisted it was just ice). I refused and asked it be remade - after a tense moment, he went back to the bartender in huff. Took 15 minutes to get a new one and we got ignored for service there out. Won't go back.

• Visited September 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal, great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went to 131 Main with a couple of girlfriends. We had good service, great wine and food and really enjoyed the atmosphere. I had the double dip app and the cast iron scallops and it was all very good. I'll go back for sure!!

• Visited September 2012